JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Compass & Patriot Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/)
-   -   I really need to take my camera with me (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/i-really-need-take-my-camera-me-1045901/)

cactus_jack 06-05-2010 07:15 PM

I really need to take my camera with me

start taking my camera with me when I hit the trails! I took my FWD compass out today and was utterly shocked at the things I was going through! No mods, just some beefy snow tires. I must say, today made me proud to own a compass. Now if I could only remedy that ground clearance issue :rofl: but seriously, have some faith in your little MK. These wrangler owners would stop their talking if they seen what I been through today. Ill make sure to take my camera next time :thumbsup: just thought I'd brag a little

Mihogan 06-09-2010 11:59 AM

Haha I need to see this, I'd love to see a Compass offroad :laugh:

Gramps 06-09-2010 06:24 PM

Then go here. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/q...5/#post4801693

cactus_jack 06-10-2010 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mihogan (Post 9599090)
Haha I need to see this, I'd love to see a Compass offroad :laugh:

do you guys seriously just troll the compass threads to stir up trouble?

Gramps 06-11-2010 04:19 AM

Yes they do. It gives them a post count in the "Tech Forums". It's been going on since before the MK's intro, mostly by newbies with low post count and elitist.

Darky 06-28-2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cactus_jack (Post 9607839)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gramps (Post 9609048)
Yes they do. It gives them a post count in the "Tech Forums". It's been going on since before the MK's intro, mostly by newbies with low post count and elitist.

Sweet! I have a low post count and am an elitist!

No, but seriously, I would like to see them things off-road. I'm not impressed by them, but same could be said for the KJ when it came out. I still don't like the KJ, but I respect them now after seeing a few in the dirt. Change my mind on these things too. The Patriot is alright, but Jeep really should've tried harder to hide the Caliber heritage when they designed the Compass. Or really, just made one or the other (Compass or Patriot). I didn't really see a need in Jeep's lineup for 2 car based crossovers.

Get out in the dirt, have fun, and take some pics! :tea::cheers2:

fortuneer 06-28-2010 09:22 PM

They were simply trying to appeal to both male and female newbie Jeep buyers.

Gramps 06-28-2010 09:29 PM

and N.A and Euro styling. Simply different strokes for different folks.

Tony1911 06-29-2010 02:36 AM

It is amusing how the trolls still talk about wanting to see a Compass off-roaded like it would somehow be an unique event - after being handed the link to the pictures.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cactus_jack (Post 9607839)

I originally came to this web site for the MK subforum. After a while, I started to wonder around the other subforums and came to an unpleasant discovery - an uncomfortably large percentage of people who post here are idiots, a lot of them seem like overgrown children. Haven't taken a peek at the other subforums for quite some time now, got pretty tired of the people there. The only reason I come here at all is to head straight for the MK subforum.

It's a shame, really, as this place could be quite nice. Some of the folks are very knowledgeable over a vast amount of issues and intelligent. The signal/noise-ratio just sucks. :(

zbee 06-29-2010 02:45 AM

dont worry this is not unique here, the aussie jeep forums are even more nasty in thier attitude towards MK Jeeps, at one in particular you get the impression that Jeeps are an australian invention

wesleyd 06-29-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zbee (Post 9705923)
dont worry this is not unique here, the aussie jeep forums are even more nasty in thier attitude towards MK Jeeps, at one in particular you get the impression that Jeeps are an australian invention

Haven't really had an issue. Don't pay attention to what people with poor attitudes and weak minds have to say. It is a real Jeep it says so right on the hood of the car!!

Darky 07-07-2010 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony1911 (Post 9705913)
It is amusing how the trolls still talk about wanting to see a Compass off-roaded like it would somehow be an unique event - after being handed the link to the pictures.

I originally came to this web site for the MK subforum. After a while, I started to wonder around the other subforums and came to an unpleasant discovery - an uncomfortably large percentage of people who post here are idiots, a lot of them seem like overgrown children. Haven't taken a peek at the other subforums for quite some time now, got pretty tired of the people there. The only reason I come here at all is to head straight for the MK subforum.

It's a shame, really, as this place could be quite nice. Some of the folks are very knowledgeable over a vast amount of issues and intelligent. The signal/noise-ratio just sucks. :(

Half of the links I clicked on didn't work, and alot of the pics were of dirt roads. Don't be so defensive, I first wheeled a Tracker, which my wife calls a Barbie Jeep...:D I'd consider a Patriot with the full off-road package. Cheap, good mpg, get around fairly decently out here in the sand. Then I could leave my 12mpg pig behind until I went to hit the more difficult trails.

I'm all about wheeling whatever you got, so like I said, get out and have fun! :cheers:

Gramps 07-07-2010 12:27 PM

Try :google: YouTube - jeep compass off roading and http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...f+roading&aq=0

It's amazing what you can find when you search for info instead of jumping to conclusions. There are no MK Rubicons for a reason but most Jeeps never get over there or off-road any way. So what's the point, false cojones?

Darky 07-07-2010 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gramps (Post 9748847)
Try :google: YouTube - jeep compass off roading and http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...f+roading&aq=0

It's amazing what you can find when you search for info instead of jumping to conclusions. There are no MK Rubicons for a reason but most Jeeps never get over there or off-road any way. So what's the point, false cojones?

Seriously? I'm trying to make peace and you still want to press an argument? What's the point? It's Jeep. A company that built its name and rep on being rugged, capable vehicles capable of crossing the roughest terrain to get you where you were going. They started diluting that with the Jeepster and then my beloved XJ. It was downhill from there when the KJ went IFS followed by the WK.

But ya know what? Never mind, obviously you guys are very touchy. Didn't mean to come in and offend anyone here, I just like reading and learning about other vehicles as well. I'm one of the few Jeep guys you'll see defend a Hummer, I'm pretty open-minded about what's wheelable.

Gramps 07-07-2010 05:10 PM

Unless you are also "mihogan" then nobody called you a "troll, elitist" or anything else. It sounds like you may be a little touchy or defensive yourself. Just like other Jeepers we just don't lie down and take it. The MK's have been harassed since they were in the "Future" section and no you don't get over it. Some have just lighted up on the Libbys and directed their assaults on us.

If links don't work I need to know so that they can be fixed or others supplied just like I did in my last post.

My first off-roading was in a Model A and then I progressed to an MB. Off-roading, and fun, is what you make of it just like "skiing" behind a tractor some 46 years ago.

Those with a good nature or technical input or questions are ALWAYS welcome. Come back and see us sometime.

The time now is 06:56 PM.