I got a PATRIOT! (pics inside) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > I got a PATRIOT! (pics inside)

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Poison Spyder from CCOR!JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 02-26-2007, 08:24 AM   #1
amyinminnesota

I got a PATRIOT! (pics inside)

[Edit] I suppose I should start off introducing myself, since I am a "newbie" to the JeepForum My name is Amy, and I live in Minnesota. I hate cold weather (I still wonder why I live here, and HAVE my whole life thusfar!) and love shopping.

I woke up last Wednesday morning, to my husband hot on the phone with Jeep dealerships. He was trying to track down a Patriot for me!
I had been waiting since last September for the Patriot to come out, and was pretty much heartbroken when I heard production would be pushed back until the "first quarter of 2007". I test drove a Compass last fall, and wasn't disappointed but wasn't overly impressed either. We decided to wait for the Patriot to come out.

So, after driving 2.5 hours (our next option was a dealership 4+ hours away!) and not even TEST DRIVING the thing, we bought it on the spot. It's a white Patriot Limited, with the CVTII. It has everything but a sunroof, power seats, hands free communication equipment, 6-CD changer, navigation, and the driver convneience group thing (where it shows the tire pressure, compass, etc.) It has heated seats, bigger tires, leather, outside thermometer, full sized spare, and the awesome Boston Acoustic 9-speaker sound system.

We got quite a few (probably 7 or 8) inches of snow this past weekend, and I got to try out the Patriot in it. It worked just fine! I didn't have any trouble getting through the snow....not even the unplowed roads that were really rutty and dug up/deep from other trucks driving around on them....not to mention all of the huge piles of snow along sidestreets, from the snow plows.

You have to remember these Patriots only have a 4-cylinder. It's not a big truck with tons of power. If you're looking for something to power you through two feet of hard packed snow, this isn't the vehicle for you. But if you're looking for something to get you over moderately crappy roads, and that also gets you good gas mileage and looks "Jeepy", this is for you. It rides really nice, feels very stable, and really, I am suprised at how much/all of the options we got for the relatively low price tag of $23,600!

I am so glad we didn't go with a Compass....
There was a Compass in the showroom next to our Patriot, and it looked like a fricken' PT Cruiser....

Last edited by amyinminnesota; 02-26-2007 at 08:34 AM.. Reason: Forgot to intro myself...
amyinminnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2007, 11:11 PM   #2
gregs887
Up your butt Jobu

1995 ZJ 

no clicky

you know i always thought the concept was pretty cool, havnt had a chance to see one in person yet
gregs887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2007, 01:50 AM   #3
madrabbitt

hmm. thats just over 1200 from the one i've been pricing.
i just wish i could get the information center on the sport, since i'm probably getting a sport E package.

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2007, 08:52 AM   #4
amyinminnesota

Alright, I am going to post an "update" here....

So I discovered that there's something wrong with the front-passenger window. I rolled it down the other day, and it would only roll back up about 5". NOT COOL. I forced it up, and got it shut though. I'm not sure if it's because it's cold + it's a new car (and things are still tight), or if there's actually something wrong with the window. When I roll down the driver's side window, it rolls down nice and smooth. When I roll down the passenger side window, it kind of "jumps" a bit...weird. Almost like it's not completely on track or something? Oh well....it's not the "let's drive with our windows down" season quite yet. If it's still acting up in a couple of months, we'll take it to a Jeep dealership to get looked at and/or fixed.

Other than that, I couldn't be happier with my Patriot!
Rides great, awesome stero, comfortable, great heater, great WARM seats, the list goes on. We got another 10" or so of snow, and it powers right through it. Our driveway was drifted in pretty bad this morning, and my husband was able to drive right through the big drifts (over a foot) with no problems at all.
Unread 03-02-2007, 09:51 AM   #5
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyinminnesota
Alright, I am going to post an "update" here....

So I discovered that there's something wrong with the front-passenger window. I rolled it down the other day, and it would only roll back up about 5". NOT COOL. I forced it up, and got it shut though. I'm not sure if it's because it's cold + it's a new car (and things are still tight), or if there's actually something wrong with the window. When I roll down the driver's side window, it rolls down nice and smooth. When I roll down the passenger side window, it kind of "jumps" a bit...weird. Almost like it's not completely on track or something? Oh well....it's not the "let's drive with our windows down" season quite yet. If it's still acting up in a couple of months, we'll take it to a Jeep dealership to get looked at and/or fixed.

Other than that, I couldn't be happier with my Patriot!
Rides great, awesome stero, comfortable, great heater, great WARM seats, the list goes on. We got another 10" or so of snow, and it powers right through it. Our driveway was drifted in pretty bad this morning, and my husband was able to drive right through the big drifts (over a foot) with no problems at all.
I would take it to the dealership asap and have that window fixed under warranty... it might save you trouble down the road.

Silver Metallic finish with black dual tops - Dana 44 Rear
2.25" Suspension Lift with Old Man Emu Shocks
Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift
Daystar 1" Motor Mount Lift
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - 32"x11.5" MT/R Tires
Rocky529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2007, 10:26 AM   #6
Camo Deere
2002 TJ Wrangler 

The Patriot looks very nice, glad you like it.

My, my that's a lot of snow.
Camo Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2007, 01:02 PM   #7
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
Last is my dragging drivers side rear window that at one point wouldn't roll back up on the first try. That was repaired under warranty by them pulling the door panel off and re-aligning the window channel. All fixed.
Same problem with my "Cruiser" look alike.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2007, 07:04 AM   #8
Hesher420
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It's a white Patriot Limited, with the CVTII.
Is that rear/4 wheel drive then?
Hesher420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2007, 02:12 PM   #9
amyinminnesota

Quote:
I would take it to the dealership asap and have that window fixed under warranty... it might save you trouble down the road.
Oh, it'll be under warranty for the next three years, which is the life of the lease...or 36,000 miles. Whichever comes first. But I put on like 100 miles per month (for real. I don't drive much!) so we won't ever go over that 36,000. We're not in any huge hurry to get it fixed.

Also yes, it's 4x4/4-wheel drive.

Quote:
Same problem with my "Cruiser" look alike.
It's just the rims...they look like PT Cruiser rims. I'm sorry! LOL

So your window...did you get it fixed? If so, what was wrong with it?
Unread 03-04-2007, 03:08 PM   #10
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Oh, it'll be under warranty for the next three years, which is the life of the lease...or 36,000 miles. Whichever comes first. But I put on like 100 miles per month (for real. I don't drive much!) so we won't ever go over that 36,000. We're not in any huge hurry to get it fixed.

Also yes, it's 4x4/4-wheel drive.

It's just the rims...they look like PT Cruiser rims. I'm sorry! LOL

So your window...did you get it fixed? If so, what was wrong with it?
No offense taken, at least it was DC, better than being called an Aztec!

They had to take the door panel off and adjust the track, no big deal. I think that the actual shop time was about an hour. It got in late and had to stay over night. All finished by 8:30 the next morning. It's worked fine ever since.

Unread 03-07-2007, 10:23 AM   #11
amyinminnesota

Great, thanks Gramps!
Sounds like a quick and easy fix to me.
Looking out of the window, I can see we won't be needing to roll the windows down for at least a month yet (damn snow!) but, as soon as the weather starts shaping up, I'll get it in to the local Jeep dealership for a fix.

Thanks again.
Unread 03-07-2007, 11:30 AM   #12
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I had the windows down the other day when we hit 25 degrees! Ya, definitely ready for Spring!

Unread 03-07-2007, 02:30 PM   #13
JPFreek1
2007 WK 

Very nice Patriot, Amy. It's good to see someone so enthused about their new vehicle, and those Patriots sure are purty. Enjoy!

Frank
Unread 03-07-2007, 08:44 PM   #14
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

welcome to the board. Glad you like your Patriot.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2007, 09:44 PM   #15
josephmartins
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Welcome to the board Amy.

You only put 100 miles per month on your vehicles? Leases are usually not a good idea to begin with, and at that low a monthly mileage rate it means you're paying through the nose if you look at the $/mile cost of ownership.

Make sure you get your money's worth out of it.

And hopefully the local Jeep dealer isn't a pain in the butt when it comes time for warranty work since you didn't buy it locally from them. Dealerships tend to be territorial.

In any case, enjoy the new Jeep!

Joe Martins
Milford, NH

12 Wrangler Sahara JK8 conversion, <10 miles (FOR SALE, $56,700)
01 WJ Limited, 4.7, 247, black on black, 157k miles (sold)
96 XJ Classic, 4.0, 242, black on grey, 267k miles (sold)
00 XJ Sport, 4.0, 242, fern green on grey, 76k miles (sold)
90 XJ Wagoneer, 4.0, 242, burgundy on tan, unknown mileage (sold)
97 ZJ Limited, 5.2, 249, black on black, 138k miles (wrecked 12/15/05)
98 ZJ Limited, 5.2, 249, burgundy on black, 197k miles (sold)
josephmartins is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.