Hummer Recovery Crew Group - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Hummer Recovery Crew Group

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Closed Thread
Unread 10-27-2009, 09:33 PM   #1
RKOTAREK
2003 WJ 

Hummer Recovery Crew Group

So I made a new group for people who like there jeeps and agree that hummer are basically crap (to put it nicely) so check it out at http://groups.jeepforum.com/Hummer_Recovery_Crew
and tell your buddies

Unread 10-28-2009, 04:18 AM   #2
Tony1911
2007 MK Patriot 

What's with the useless *****ing about other peoples vehicles? Penis envy? Or just money envy? Why not just let other people drive what they want, and concentrate on driving what you want? Does it somehow take something away from you that somebody else has a different taste in automobiles? The whole "Hummers are crap" argument doesn't even have any actual technical merit - unless you're trying to tell me that a HMMWV makes for a lousy off-road vehicle.

One thing I really hate about mankind is the tendency to clump in different groups - often ones where ones membership is determined by totally absurd reasons like location of the nearest soccer team or the brand of vehicle one drives - and sneer at anyone not in the same group. "You're not like us! You're different! Baaad! Baaaaaaad!"

Oh well, at least you lot aren't (at least yet?) trying to outright ban Hummers like the eco-hippies... That's something, at least. But the line of thinking is similar. "If I don't like it, nobody else is allowed to, either."

One final thought. Your attempt at obtaining members for your little holier-than-thou group would probably work better in a forum not dedicated to the most underappreciated Jeeps in production. See, we're different here, too... We drive MK's, which, as anybody who makes snap judgements based on the appearance of a vehicle will be quick to tell you are "useless". Probably not the kind of folks who are most enthusiastic about petty tribalism. Or maybe it's just me.
Unread 10-28-2009, 05:24 AM   #3
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

.... and then the fight broke out!

Well said Tony and I agree but on the other hand many people have the need to feel like they "belong" to something. I let them go their own way.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2009, 07:44 AM   #4
Tony1911
2007 MK Patriot 

I can understand wanting to belong. But one can do it in a positive way - to belong to a group that accomplishes something - just as well as in this kind of negative way.

And hey, I'm not stopping anyone from joining a mutual masturbation group. I'm just pointing out what they are.
Unread 10-28-2009, 08:00 AM   #5
fishgutz
2010 MK Patriot 

My niece owns an H2. Every time she drives down to Cape Cod, Eco Weenies in their hybrids yell at her and flip her the bird. She just smiles and waves.
The closest that truck has been to being off road in the dirt in a camp ground parking spot.
I know others that do test the limits of their Hummers.
We can thank Aahnold for the original civilian Hummer.
Every 4x4 has its niche. There are obstacles that the longer wheel base of the Hummer can handle more easily that a short wheel base Jeep. Likewise, there a places in Uwharrie that an H2 is too wide to traverse. An H2 properly equipped is a formidable rescue and recovery vehicle.
And any Jeep can weather northern Winters than any car. Jeeps are also USV's. Urban survival vehicles. Potholes in Boston will take out those 20's on a BMW. But Jeeps just smile.
Hummer owner blogs have groups dedicated to trash talking anything that isn't a Hummer.
Trash talk makes the world go 'round ;-)
fishgutz is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2009, 09:51 AM   #6
RKOTAREK
2003 WJ 

ha ha every one has there opinion and I like the alpha H1 but I think the h2 and h3 are meant to be pavement princesses. that's just me don't need to get your panties in a bundle bro
Unread 10-28-2009, 12:55 PM   #7
fishgutz
2010 MK Patriot 

You should see the trash talk in motorcycle forums. This stuff is Pansie talk compared to them.
Motorheads that think they need to go 180MPH are always slamming my Buell. But then Buells are for riders that are know the twisities are where the fun is. And nobody does 180 on the twisties.

BTW, I taught my kids that the "FJ" in FJ Cruiser stands for Fake Jeep.
fishgutz is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.