How many lift options are there? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > How many lift options are there?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-14-2010, 08:08 PM   #1
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

How many lift options are there?

Hey....It's me, the lovable Dr. Marn.

You all probably dont know me very well, I dont see many of you in GD or any other places.

Anyway....I'm thinking about ditching my dodge magnum and maybe picking up a patriot. Ma has one and I think its a good little car.

I'm sick of 16mpg in my daily driver...and my jeep gets 10mpg...so 25 or 28 seems very nice!

I'd like a car that's awd for my winter voyages out of the desert, and something I can add a little boost to, and throw some AT's on, then get myself out into the desert to go shooting or camping, or drive up into the north to do some winter camping or exploring.

So, I've got the beatly jeep covered with my waggy, and I figure a little jeep would be a good daily driver. Plenty of room, plenty comfy, etc.

Anyway, if i pick up a patriot I'm gonna want a little lift. I've seen the RRO lifts out there, but what else is available for these cars as far as lifts?

I'm not looking for anything crazy, just like to clear some 29's and get it off the ground a little...

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2010, 08:29 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Hi ya and to the dark side! .

We don't like our Jeeps being called cars just like the big boys
Here's a link to a spring lift that many seem to like http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/s...pplier-990277/

and you know about Offroad products for the serious offroad enthusiast!

29's are easy to do. Better tread (and prices) in the 16" size but if you get the FD II it will come with 17's and the skid plates, etc but don't expect the mpg than your looking for. You can get the FD I Sport with 16's, either a CVT or 5 speed and add the skid plates yourself.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2010, 08:34 PM   #3
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Haha, dark side? Thats what the FSJ people said when I bought the wagoneer! Now I'm looking into buying it's great grandson.

Hmm, here's the one I looked at today.

Not sure what FDI or FDII means?

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4WD | Chapman Dodge Chrysler Jeep 888-207-1749 - Las Vegas, Nv

This is just the beginning, I got info on what my trade would be worth, but that patriot is exactly what I'm looking for in one. It's not really a CVT, it's a 5 speed. I didnt talk price or anything, but its only got 16,000 miles!

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 10-14-2010, 08:50 PM   #4
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Yup, I noticed the 5 Speed.

FD I is AWD w/4wheel lock. FD II is the same but with a lower final drive ratio and is part of the off road package.

Trans and gear ratio info is here. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/r...-speed-395153/

It also shows the aluminum 17" wheels (16" are steel).

It looks nice, can't give you any idea on price other than to check Edmunds or Kelly

Unread 10-14-2010, 08:56 PM   #5
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
Yup, I noticed the 5 Speed.

FD I is AWD w/4wheel lock. FD II is the same but with a lower final drive ratio and is part of the off road package.

Trans and gear ratio info is here. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/r...-speed-395153/

It also shows the aluminum 17" wheels (16" are steel).

It looks nice, can't give you any idea on price other than to check Edmunds or Kelly
Not worried about the price really. It's pretty much right spot on for KBB. it has the 17's and the floor mats, does that mean it has the offroad package? Man, I have no idea about new cars, haha.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 10-14-2010, 08:58 PM   #6
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

In all honesty, this patriot will be used 99% as a daily driver pavement pounder, but on weekends it'll go shooting in the desert and occasional trips. (Anything much over an hour drive I dont take the FSJ due to the fuel economy).

However, it needs AT's and a lift!

My mom has one back in NH and loves it. I drive it a few times a year and it does well..so it was one of my first thoughts for a fuel efficient daily driver

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 10-14-2010, 09:09 PM   #7
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Agreed! The Wrangler SR's are the bottom of the line.

You may want to visit the Quick Links to do some catching up on things that my interest you and visit this page that we put together a long time ago for some ideas on tire sizes. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/o...ml#post4104384

My Compass is set up and used for about the same stuff that you have in mind except were you have desert I have snow. Mine has been down to AZ, down to TN and over to KS. 62K on it so far.

I would check to see if the syncros in the 5 speed have been replace. SOME of the early ones had a delamination problem and came apart.

Unread 10-14-2010, 09:12 PM   #8
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Even at 16,000 miles?

I'll look into those links.

Seems like chrysler has been building some reliable vehicles lately...

My magnum is a 2005 and has 130,000 miles on it....never had a single problem other than a couple front suspension bushings going out.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 10-14-2010, 09:21 PM   #9
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Especially at 16K. TSB-21-011-08 manual Transmission bad syncros there is a link to the TSB in that thread too.

Other problems have been tie rod ends, control arm bushings and lower ball joints. Just a heads up. Don't want you go in not knowing. VERY few problems outside of these.

Unread 10-14-2010, 09:23 PM   #10
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Good thing it's got the 3y/36k warranty still!!! and 5/50 on the drivetrain methinks

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 10-15-2010, 06:36 AM   #11
TheHeilis
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I have the RRO lift (spacers) with 225/70R/17 (29.5in tall) Geolander A/T tires on it. The tires do rub slightly when at full lock (but not bad). It works really well for light wheeling and in the snow. There are coil springs offered now and it seems that people who have them like them.

The cost is about double for the springs and since you retain the original struts some upward strut travel is lost. I have had the RRO (Rocky Road Outfitters) lift on for over 20,000 miles with no suspension or tire problems as of yet. And it makes the vehicle look like it should have come from the factory. Look in the Quick Links section and you'll see pics of my Patriot.

Our Patriot is a DD and has also been to a Jeep Jamboree event in "09". I use ours for getting out in the woods hunting always.
White Jeep Club Member #117
TheHeilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2010, 08:06 AM   #12
schoat333
2008 MK Patriot 

Happy CRDSTU coil lift owner here. They give you about 2" of lift just like the RRO kit, but they also improve the ride quality as well. The only real downside is you have to order them from Australia, so the shipping is expensive.
schoat333 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lift kits , mk , mpg , patriot , tires

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.