How many Compass/Patriots? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > How many Compass/Patriots?

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S Exha

Unread 10-13-2009, 04:39 PM   #61
spencernj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Here in Europe the Patriot is far and away the best selling vehicle from the whole current CJD range. If it was axed then CJD would lose considerable presence in the Europen market. The Compass has sold in tiny amounts as has the Caliber. The Patriot is nearly always sold in Diesel fromat and is much more fuel efficient than the Diesel Liberty/Cherokee and when fuel is about 7.5 dollars a gallon this is very important. The Patriot is the most fuel efficient 4x4 on the market in the UK.

Unread 07-06-2010, 06:08 PM   #62
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

It's been a while since this was updated.
mk-sales.jpg  

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2010, 02:28 AM   #63
spencernj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I will see if any figures are published here in the UK or Europe.

One thing I see from the road and talking to dealers is that the Patriot and Dodge Journey are keeping the brand alive here. (Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge are sold through joint dealerships here). The Compass has been discontinued in the UK since the FIAT deal (as has the Caliber, Sebring, Avenger, Commander and Nitro) I assume because they cross over with FIAT group cars. In France the Compass is still sold but the Patriot and Liberty/Cherokee has been discontinued (the French are not big 4x4 buyers). In Belgium the Compass is not sold but the Patriot is. Also here the new Grand Cherokee is not being sold but the old one which is still being manufactured in Austria. In fact some "new" models/trim levels for the old grand are being promoted
Unread 07-07-2010, 06:54 AM   #64
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

This is a sample of the only info that I get on sales outside of N.A. No real breakdown by country. I can also get similar info on Canadian sales but on the reports that I have access to they are included in the N.A. sales but do give a % of increase without any actual figures. Sorry, but that info just isn't available to me.

Chrysler Group LLC Reports April 2010 Sales Increase of 5 Percent in Markets outside North America

Chrysler Group LLC today announced sales of 12,009 vehicles during April 2010 in markets outside North America, posting a 5-percent increase compared to the same month last year. Through April, the company sold 47,656 vehicles this year, representing a 2 percent increase over the same period in 2009.
The Asia Pacific region led the international sales with 3,595 vehicles sold in April, an increase of 48 percent over April 2009. China led the region and the company with sales up 103 percent against the same month last year.
Combined sales in the Africa, Middle East, Eastern Europe and Russia region reached an increase of 17 percent versus April 2009. In Latin America, Chrysler Group saw an increase of 2 percent compared to the same month in 2009 while in Western Europe the company experienced a decline of 21 percent compared to April 2009.
Jeep® was the best selling brand outside of North America, experiencing an increase of 10 percent compared to April 2009. The Dodge Journey was the best selling vehicle outside of North America with a 105 percent increase versus the same month last year.
Chrysler Group sells and services vehicles in more than 120 countries around the world.

Unread 07-07-2010, 09:29 AM   #65
spencernj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Here is the UK data for March - No newer data availble in the UK.

"Chrysler UK is celebrating a March sales success with 986 vehicles registered, 12 per cent up on the same month last year and an overall rise in volume of 18.3 per cent year to date.

Much of this success is down to the highly popular Jeep Patriot, of which 329 models were sold during the month, closely followed by Dodge Journey and Chrysler Grand Voyager. Other notable successes were Jeep Grand Cherokee and Chrysler 300C which have shown a sharp increase in registrations when compared year on year.

Chrysler Group LLC in Auburn Hills, Michigan recently announced total International sales (for markets outside the United States, Canada and Mexico) were 13,777 – a 32 per cent increase over February 2010 sales. Chrysler UK Ltd was the market leader for the Company in European markets."
Unread 11-04-2010, 10:15 AM   #66
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I’m only posting the October 2010 news on Jeep. For other Chrysler LLC sales and info please go here

Chrysler Group LLC Reports October 2010 U.S. Sales Increased 37 Percent -- AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Nov. 3, 2010 /PRNewswire/ --

October marks the seventh consecutive month of year-over-year sales increases

Jeep® Grand Cherokee sales up 291 percent over October 2009 as the Jeep Brand's flagship vehicle is named "SUV of Texas" by influential group of automotive journalists

October 2010 U.S. Sales Highlights
Jeep Brand

The Jeep Brand posted a 111 percent sales increase compared with the same month a year ago. All Jeep models in production posted a sales gain during October. Sales of the Jeep Grand Cherokee, the brand's volume leader, increased 291 percent in October compared with a year ago, driven predominately by sales of the all-new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The all-new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee was named "SUV of Texas" by the Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA). The automotive industry's new benchmark, premium SUV also was named "Full-Size SUV of Texas" by this influential panel of automotive journalists. The 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara – complete with an all-new interior, body-color hard top, and legendary Jeep capability – took home the "Mid-Size SUV of Texas" crown.

Sales of the iconic Jeep Wrangler increased 49 percent compared with October 2009. Jeep Patriot and Jeep Compass also had a strong October as each model posted triple-digit percentage sales increases. The new 2011 Jeep Patriot, the affordable compact sport-utility vehicle, arrives in dealership showrooms this month with rugged new exterior styling, interior enhancements, and refinements to the suspension and steering systems.

Jeep Brand sales (28,480 units) increased 111 percent versus the same month last year (13,500 units)

Jeep Grand Cherokee sales (12,721 units) improved 291 percent compared with October last year (3,256 units)

Sales of the all-new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee increased 19 percent over September 2010 sales

Jeep Wrangler sales (7,908 units) improved 49 percent versus October 2009 (5,305 units)

Jeep Liberty sales (3,968 units) increased 46 percent compared with the same month a year ago (2,725 units)

Jeep Compass (778 units) and Jeep Patriot (2,931 units) each posted triple digit percentage year-over-year sales increases
oct-2010-sales.jpg  

Unread 11-25-2010, 06:38 AM   #67
racer114
2010 MK Patriot 

Is it just the fact that I just got one, or is it true that the Patriot is the best value for a little SUV out there? I pad $15K for mine (MSRP 19K). There wasn't anything else even close to that in price, new or acceptably used.
racer114 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2010, 09:16 AM   #68
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I got my Compass in July, '06 (Patriots not available yet). It was by far the best bang, best featured of anything available for the $'s. I think when compared apples to apples the MK's are really the best deal you can get for what they do and what they are.

Unread 11-25-2010, 01:44 PM   #69
racer114
2010 MK Patriot 

Pardon my ingorance, but what does the "mk" stand for?
Unread 11-25-2010, 06:42 PM   #70
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

We had a thread going on that for a while. It's just Jeep designation, nothing more unless it's My Kind of Jeep. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/w...-stand-854400/

Unread 12-04-2010, 07:22 AM   #71
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

November 2010 U.S. Sales Highlights

Jeep® Brand

The Jeep Brand posted a 58 percent sales increase compared with the same month a year ago. Sales of the Jeep Grand Cherokee, the brand’s volume leader, increased 256 percent in November versus a year ago. The Jeep Brand unveiled the Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit, unquestionably the most luxurious, distinctive and comprehensively-equipped Jeep vehicle ever produced, during the Los Angeles Auto Show in November. The brand also revealed the premium edition Jeep Liberty Jet. Both models arrive in dealerships soon and expand the reach of the iconic brand’s lineup, offering legendary Jeep capability in new, unique, premium editions.

Sales of the iconic Jeep Wrangler, with its all-new interior for 2011, increased 34 percent in November, while sales of the Jeep Patriot, the affordable compact SUV, were up 43 percent in November.

The all-new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee has been named “2011 Urban Truck of the Year” by editors of Decisive Auto magazine and a panel of 15 independent automotive journalists. The Urban Vehicles of the Year will be formally presented at the 15th Annual Urban Wheel Awards on January 9, 2011, leading into the North American International Auto Show activities. The “Urban Truck of the Year” is the latest in a list of awards the 2011 Grand Cherokee has recently captured.

November U.S. Sales Highlights
  • Jeep Brand sales (24,202 units) increased 58 percent versus the same month last year (15,339 units)
  • Jeep Grand Cherokee sales (10,984 units) improved 256 percent compared with November last year (3,085 units)
  • Jeep Wrangler sales (6,552 units) improved 34 percent versus November 2009 (4,896 units)
  • Jeep Patriot (2,754 units) posted a 43 year-over-year sales increase
jeep-nov-sales.jpg  

Unread 12-05-2010, 10:08 AM   #72
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

This post was soo much longer but I deleted 95% of it talk about what I like instead of what I don't, lmao.

I like the Patriot 100x more than its...'sigh' cousin 'MK'.. and have only good things to say of the Patriot... I like the direction that Jeep is going with the Patriot. The Patriot is... I dunno, something about that vehicle has won me over in so many ways.... Maybe because it's a step in the right direction for the purpose it was designed for. I'm talking about Cheap, Entry-level, gas saving, 4x4 capable vehicle that can be modded, wheeled, and just plain abused. I think more have drawn to the Patriot over the years because they can really see and feel the Jeep heart emerging out of it.

There is a guy somewhere in my town with a lifted Patriot... like it is CLEARLY lifted.. lights, mud terrain tires, shackles, cargo basket on top.. I mean the works. This doesn't need to be done to 'prove' anything... It just needs to have the capability to be done to it.

p.s. Gramps don't hurt me >.< ... It's not that I don't like the Compass, or think it's incapable, or wish evil upon them....it's just... well..... I just.... I just think it's hideous! Oh and thanks for the vehicle sales...
Unread 12-05-2010, 10:46 AM   #73
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

and beauty is in he eye of the beer holder.

Unread 12-05-2010, 05:34 PM   #74
racer114
2010 MK Patriot 

I've read all the expert reviews on the Patriot and it pretty much gets slammed by all of them. But, I agree with many here. It is a cheap nice litte SUV that has no competition because nothing is even close for the price. They gripe about the "course" sounding 2.4L engine. Of course it sounds that way, it is a Jeep for crying out loud! The first Jeep we had in my family was my dad's in 1988 and it sounded the same. The thing was so reliable it couldn't be killed. I bought this Jeep to be, well, a Jeep. My wife drives the expensive smooth and refined SUV. And, it will never see dirt, let alone off road use. I guarantee the Jeep will.
Unread 12-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #75
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
and beauty is in he eye of the beer holder.
right you are!

Tags
compass , numbers , patriot , production , sales

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.