How many Compass/Patriots? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > How many Compass/Patriots?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 04-03-2008, 03:50 AM   #16
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Same story from Chrysler Media

Foot notes: MK sales were up from the previous year while the rest of the Jeep Fleet were down. Patriot beat Compass on sales and edged out the Liberty to take the spot behind Wrangler and Grand Cherokee.

sales-mk.jpg  

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2008, 06:28 AM   #17
JeepinGirlCT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eighteenwheeler View Post
There is some truth to it because Chrysler isn't the brightest company on the block.

They dont advertise the compass for what it is, and they don't train their salespeople how to sell the compass.
They only offer 500 dollar incentives while they give 2500 on the liberty (making them the same price) and they wonder why noone buys the patriot.
They don't take into consideration that the compass and the patriot are a different type of buyer, and "assume" that these are buyers purely coming for the "jeep brand".
They alienate the female population from the female popular/centered Jeep Liberty, and then assume that if they cut the compass, those buyers will just go to the patriot and the caliber. The company thinks like a man and thinks that people are coming purely for the "hard facts", but don't realize that this new type of buyer is pulled by the looks, and will buy once they are taught. (Theres no education for some odd reason).
Chrysler stuck the compass as a hybrid between the patriot and the caliber, making it difficult not to eat in to eachothers sales.

I think the real mistake they made was with the liberty. The liberty should be the 2009 Patriot. Then they should have kept the old liberty, and kept the compass. They could have had the liberty and patriot share the same platform, and the compass / caliber share the same platform. Chrysler wanted to jump on the "retro" bandwagon, so brought in the cherokee inspired patriot, only to realize that it has the look, but doesn't bring to the table what people really liked about the cherokee: Cheap, small, but you could abuse the hell out of it and it would keep on rolling. Not so true with the pat!

So the moral of the story is, due to Chryslers stupidity, they will now:
move the liberty down market and cut the patriot
-OR-
will cut the compass.

If they are smart, they will keep the compass and cut the patriot. But I'm guessing due to their narrow vision, and their illogical opinion that a "jeep must be a jeep", and their opinion that they should be a niche player, they will not think longterm and will cut the compass.
I think a lot of Patriot owners, myself included would not agree with you about cutting the Patriot. I think the Compass and the Patriot have great attributes, and are best suited for different markets. They each have a great niche. I'd keep them both.

Many people who like the looks of the Compass, are looking for something sporty and fun, like the Compass. Patriot owners (and I lump myself into this category), are looking for more cargo space, and a more spacious feel to the interior. Both are great vehicles, that capture different segments of the market. I do agree that there are people that could go either way, but to eliminate either (I think) would cause some consumers to look at different vehicles outside of the Jeep lineup.
JeepinGirlCT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2008, 06:09 AM   #18
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

April sales figures from Chrysler Media

Total sales of 17,977 of the Caliber, Compass and Patriot are keeping many at the Belvidere Plant gainfully employed.
sales-mk.jpg  

Unread 05-03-2008, 03:18 PM   #19
OnRoad
2008 MK Compass 

Out of 17,977 cars, 8819 Caliber, 6348 Patriot and 2804 Compass.

Not bad numbers at all. Really not surprising given the good fuel economy, rebates and the lifetime warranty.

It would be really interesting to see who is buying which and of course why. I also wonder what kind of inventory the dealers have. (Are sales being swayed by availability for example?)
Unread 05-03-2008, 08:12 PM   #20
kwc
2007 MK Compass 

It would be interesting to see where all those Patriots are being sold!! Around here the Patriots are just sitting on the lots (of the 3 dealers I've gone by often), yet the Compasses seem to be moving out. There are a LOT more Compasses on the road around here ... few Patriots at all.
Unread 05-06-2008, 03:28 PM   #21
Trek620
2008 MK Patriot 

April Sales

Pretty tough month for Chrysler as a whole but the Compass/Caliber/Patriot trio seems to be holding up well. I don't understand why they don't advertise/market these more. With some attention and improvements they could be real hits in today's high gas price market.

http://media.chrysler.com/newsrelease.do?id=7670&mid=1
Trek620 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2008, 06:19 PM   #22
Knightfallzx2
2008 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
April sales figures from Chrysler Media

Total sales of 17,977 of the Caliber, Compass and Patriot are keeping many at the Belvidere Plant gainfully employed.
Is this total in North America, or just the US? Because if it includes Canada, one of those Compass' is because of me.

I see many more Compass' than I do Patriots in this city. Calibers beat them both out by a land slide too.
Read my Blog on Jeepspace
Knightfallzx2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2008, 02:27 PM   #23
schoat333
2008 MK Patriot 

here in cleveland the patriot is outnumbering the compass on the roads. i see patriots all over my little suburb and very few compasses. It helps that we have a jeep dealer in the city of course.
schoat333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2008, 05:53 PM   #24
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

May sales figures from Chrysler Media. The Patriot was second only to the Wrangler/Wrangler Unlimited with combined sales of 9260. Combine the MK sales and it's 11,313.
sales-mk.jpg  

Unread 06-03-2008, 06:45 PM   #25
Zappy
2007 MK Compass 

Ive been seeing a lot of Patriots here locally and more then a few Compasses in the Pittsburgh area. They do seem to be catching on at least locally.
Zappy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2008, 11:08 AM   #26
Trek620
2008 MK Patriot 

Catching on

Looks like the Caliber/Compass/Patriot trio is Chrysler's strongest segment this month. Hopefully they will put some improvements into the vehicles (less plastic interior, smoother engine, larger fuel tank, etc.) and keep the winning trend going.
Unread 06-06-2008, 05:03 AM   #27
JeepinGirlCT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'm seeing lots of Patriots and Compasses around here. 6 months ago, I would definatley say that there were more Compasses, but now the Pats seem to be catching up. Can't go wrong with either, in my book. I see a fair share of calibers too. I like the cargo capacity of the Patriot, and the look of the Compass is growing on me. I know there's two of each where I work. I agree, they you'd think Chrysler would be advertising the bejesus out of them considering their fuel economy and this market.
JeepinGirlCT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2008, 04:19 PM   #28
Jeepinz
1994 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep Compass/Patriot...

Over 8,000 Patriots is impressive + 3,000 Compii = 11,000+ last month.

Honda's new CR-V has been on the market for many years (and the new model has peaked), but down to 19,000 sales last month. Wonder if the MK's can catch it?

Last edited by Jeepinz; 06-06-2008 at 04:20 PM.. Reason: Mouse is possessed...
Jeepinz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2008, 04:50 PM   #29
Tuksonrider
2008 MK Patriot 

Holy frickin' MOLY!

"Catching On" would be an understatement!

Month Sales Vol % Sales CYTD Vol %
Model Curr Yr Pr Yr Change Curr Yr Pr Yr Change

Patriot 7,564 2,109 259% 17,248 2,928 489%
Tuksonrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2008, 11:01 AM   #30
Trek620
2008 MK Patriot 

Worldwide totals?

I've heard the Compass/Patriot sell well overseas, is there a way to know international sales? Combining US and international along with the Caliber would equal total plant output I think. Anyone know at what % of capacity the plant is running at?

Tags
compass , numbers , patriot , production , sales

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.