JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Compass & Patriot Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/)
-   -   How many Compass/Patriots? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/how-many-compass-patriots-511299/)

eighteenwheeler 01-23-2008 02:52 PM

How many Compass/Patriots?

approximately How many compass/patriots have been produced or sold? Is there any way to find out this number?

Thanks!

Gramps 01-23-2008 04:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Stolen from another site. N.A sales only. Total Compass sales in '06 - 21,076.

eighteenwheeler 01-25-2008 07:45 PM

:thumbsup:

JeepinGirlCT 01-25-2008 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gramps
Stolen from another site. N.A sales only.

Yea-I'm in the November numbers-hubby's in December.:D

JeepinGirlCT 02-23-2008 01:52 PM

I'm seeing more Patirots around town. Some nice Limited models around as well as some Sports, like mine.

I heard a rumor that the Compass or Patriot will get the ax with the Chrysler restructuring. Any truth to it? (hope not! :eek:)

eighteenwheeler 02-23-2008 03:43 PM

There is some truth to it because Chrysler isn't the brightest company on the block.

They dont advertise the compass for what it is, and they don't train their salespeople how to sell the compass.
They only offer 500 dollar incentives while they give 2500 on the liberty (making them the same price) and they wonder why noone buys the patriot.
They don't take into consideration that the compass and the patriot are a different type of buyer, and "assume" that these are buyers purely coming for the "jeep brand".
They alienate the female population from the female popular/centered Jeep Liberty, and then assume that if they cut the compass, those buyers will just go to the patriot and the caliber. The company thinks like a man and thinks that people are coming purely for the "hard facts", but don't realize that this new type of buyer is pulled by the looks, and will buy once they are taught. (Theres no education for some odd reason).
Chrysler stuck the compass as a hybrid between the patriot and the caliber, making it difficult not to eat in to eachothers sales.

I think the real mistake they made was with the liberty. The liberty should be the 2009 Patriot. Then they should have kept the old liberty, and kept the compass. They could have had the liberty and patriot share the same platform, and the compass / caliber share the same platform. Chrysler wanted to jump on the "retro" bandwagon, so brought in the cherokee inspired patriot, only to realize that it has the look, but doesn't bring to the table what people really liked about the cherokee: Cheap, small, but you could abuse the hell out of it and it would keep on rolling. Not so true with the pat!

So the moral of the story is, due to Chryslers stupidity, they will now:
move the liberty down market and cut the patriot
-OR-
will cut the compass.

If they are smart, they will keep the compass and cut the patriot. But I'm guessing due to their narrow vision, and their illogical opinion that a "jeep must be a jeep", and their opinion that they should be a niche player, they will not think longterm and will cut the compass.

Jeepster55 02-23-2008 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eighteenwheeler (Post 4855476)
I think the real mistake they made was with the liberty. The liberty should be the 2009 Patriot. Then they should have kept the old liberty, and kept the compass. They could have had the liberty and patriot share the same platform, and the compass / caliber share the same platform.

SORRY, but i must disagree. i see no good coming from making a Patriot and Liberty from the same platform. that's the problem with the Patriot and Compass. you have TWO MK's in the same lineup. Patriot should stay in the Jeep line and the Compass should be upgraded and could become a small "Chrysler" crossover suv. i still like the sound of "Chrysler Compass" :D

as for "Chryslers stupidity"......i've got no problem AGREEING with you on THAT! :)

Rends 02-24-2008 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeepster55 (Post 4857002)
... i still like the sound of "Chrysler Compass" :D

a...

And here it is the new Chrysler Compass badge:
http://www.luftrettung-hamburg.de/as..._S_Donitz1.jpg

:thumbsup:

Trek620 03-04-2008 09:07 AM

Monthly sales update?

Hi Gramps;
Is it possible to post the chart of sales every month? I'm starting to see more MK's around here (Michigan) and am curious if sales are gaining "traction". Ha ha sorry for the pun.

Argent33 03-04-2008 09:29 AM

woo woo more Michigan MK's!

I just got mine 1.5 weeks ago and there's another woman who works here with a new Patriot as well

Gramps 03-04-2008 06:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trek620 (Post 4899845)
Hi Gramps;
Is it possible to post the chart of sales every month? I'm starting to see more MK's around here (Michigan) and am curious if sales are gaining "traction". Ha ha sorry for the pun.

I finally found a site that gives the US sales figures direct from Chrysler LLC. So you're going to force me to figure out spread sheets, FINE! I hope that just the figures will do for now. I'm still searching for export sales numbers, no luck, yet.

Even I laughed at that :hahaha: Fixed!

eighteenwheeler 03-04-2008 10:30 PM

Does anyone see problems with those dates?

Coasty161 03-04-2008 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eighteenwheeler (Post 4904052)
Does anyone see problems with those dates?

GRAMPS stole the DELOREAN!!!:rofl:

Trek620 03-05-2008 01:25 PM

Worldwide

Thanks Gramps, I have read that the Belvidere plant has produced almost a record number of vehicles last year because of strong export sales of the MK's. Even though the US has been soft, hopefully US sales will pick up as the high gas prices continue and more and more Libertys and Grand Cherokees come off lease and consideration comes from other non-Jeep owners.

Trek620 04-02-2008 01:13 PM

Strong March sales

Check out this link for the story on very strong March sales for the Compass\Caliber\Patriot. Looks like we're catching on!

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...4784490&EDATE=

The time now is 03:56 PM.