How long did you wait for your new Jeep? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > How long did you wait for your new Jeep?

Complete Axle Options Expanded !!!! ECGSNEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.comEnd of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 04-15-2008, 03:07 PM   #1
Knightfallzx2
2008 MK Compass 

How long did you wait for your new Jeep?

As I've mentioned in other threads, my wife and I are trading in our cars for a new Jeep Compass North 4x4. The dealership said we'd have to wait 6-8 weeks for it to come in from factory. (We ordered new, because they couldn't find what we wanted exactly.) Oh, and we've been told there's a VON number, meaning it's in production, but no VIN number yet.

It's been 7 1/2 weeks. My car is still winter parked, and my wife's car is dying. This wait is tormenting us.

How long have you had to wait? The only comparison I've had is my dad who bought his Buick new, which took 3 months! (But that's GM, not Chrysler.)

Read my Blog on Jeepspace
Knightfallzx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2008, 07:05 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

There was the plastic problem back at the beginning of Feb that (I think) led to a 2 week shut down. I haven't heard of anything new except they were trying to clear out the overstock. Hopefully yours will be moving along soon. They really are worth the wait! I'm less than an hour and a half away from the plant, if I could go down there and kick some fanny to get yours out to you, I would!

http://www.rrstar.com/homepage/x603854049

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2008, 08:22 PM   #3
Elihawk
2008 MK Compass 

I ordered my Compass Feb 20th (give or take a day)

And got it on March 2nd...
Elihawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2008, 08:31 PM   #4
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

That's QUICK!! Maybe they already had one configured 'your way" at the plant?

Unread 04-15-2008, 08:37 PM   #5
Elihawk
2008 MK Compass 

Sorry...meant April 2

It took almost exactly 6 weeks, but pretty quick since the Rallye package took an additional week to put on....
Elihawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2008, 08:41 PM   #6
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

From what I can find out the Rallye pieces are an "off site" install. So that is quick!!

I wonder if this story pertains to those who did this work? Maybe not, hope not.
http://www.wrex.com/News/index.php?ID=16221

Unread 04-15-2008, 09:16 PM   #7
steel5blue
2007 MK Compass 

Way..way back in ancient 2006 it took three months (Sept.-Dec.) for my 4x4 Sport, 5-speed to be built and delivered, but from the moment I saw the personalized window sticker "Built especially for.." to driving home from work 15 min ago today, I can happily say, it was well worth the wait

Rav-who? CR-what? Arizona-where?
2007 Compass Sport Steel-5speed-Blue 4X4
steel5blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2008, 11:10 AM   #8
TJinWV
2002 TJ Wrangler 

We placed our order at the dealer the evening of 3/11/08 (I assume they didn't submit it until the next day, but I don't know for sure). The Patriot arrived at the dealer the morning of 4/11/08. I'm not good at math, but I think that's about a month.
Unread 04-16-2008, 05:55 PM   #9
JeepinGirlCT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Waited all of about 2 hours for paperwork-
bought off the lot-
2008 Jeep Green Patriot 5 speed-power pkg with moon roof = sweet!
Very very happy!
JeepinGirlCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2008, 05:58 PM   #10
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinGirlCT View Post
Waited all of about 2 hours for paperwork-
bought off the lot-
2008 Jeep Green Patriot 5 speed-power pkg with moon roof = sweet!
Very very happy!
THANK YOU!!! LOL I needed that today!

Unread 04-16-2008, 06:00 PM   #11
JeepinGirlCT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you!

By the way, I'm seeing a bunch of Patriots and Compasses around now! It's catching!
JeepinGirlCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2008, 07:29 PM   #12
udmover
2011 WK 

5 weeks exactly for my Patriot 4x4 5-speed Sport. Indeed well worth the wait, especially to get exactly what I wanted!
udmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2008, 09:48 PM   #13
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

I tried explaining this to my wife ... she is like why would anyone wait 5 to 6 weeks for a car?? I am originally from a small town in WV, where I can guarantee you the dealerships selection is very limited compared to the dealerships here in the Sacramento area. She is from CA and just about every time she wanted to buy a car they had tons to choose from. Not to mention some people want only certain options, don't want certain options and are willing to wait to get exactly what they want.

It was just interesting when I was talking to her about it.
'07 Compass Limited 4X4: K&N Air charger, Borla cat back exhaust, Rocky Road Lift kit, Firestone Destination A/T 245/65/17's, Red painted brake calipers, Pioneer AVIC Z2, Sirius, iPod interface, Polk Audio 6X9s (all 4 doors), Polk Audio Tweeters (dash), Polk Audio 6.5s (rear hatch), 2 Kicker CVR 10" Sub woofers in custom enclosure (hidden), Eclipse XA4000 4 channel & XA1000 1 channel amplifiers.

Peep my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3031696
rob_rector is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2008, 11:34 PM   #14
JLink
2007 MK Patriot 

Short answer:
I waited six and a half weeks from the time I paid the dealer until the time I actually received it.

Long answer:
Consider this I actually bought a Ford Freestyle which would have been a nice vehicle for the family and gets outstanding gas mileage. But when they delivered it to the dealer and I watched. They backed it off the truck it fell and was damaged so I refused delivery. It was the last of the Freestyles with the options my wife and I wanted and its harder to find exactly what we want because I am a Soldier stationed in Germany and there really isn't much of a stock we can select from of U.S. SPEC cars and trucks. And because they have to be shipped by boat its not like we can just order one and wait since we had already sold my Durango since the Freestyle was being delivered that day.

After I calmed down we sat down with the dealer and we searched and searched for another replacement. They had nothing. Then about 4 days later they received the very first Patriot to Germany. I had already seen the ads, commercials and stories in magazines. So I had him search his stock and incoming database for a 4x4 5 speed. As it turns out they only ordered one and it was on a ship in the port right then. I couldn't pass this up so I took it. All it had to do was pass customs and be placed on a delivery truck for movement to my location. Those last two steps took six painful weeks sharing my wifes car and being dropped off at work then picked up at night. It down right sucked!

Then my salesman broke his leg...

Then when I picked my 'Riot up it was filthy, had salt and bird crap all over it... even had a scuff mark in the hood from where a strap had rubbed the paint in transportation.

Needless to say this was the worst experience I have had buying a truck/car or anything for that matter, but I have loved the 'Riot ever since I drove away from those bastards!
a Scan Gauge II and a Garmin GPSMap 60CSX
[url=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2653175]CarDomain[/url]
JLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2008, 08:11 AM   #15
Nick_D
2008 MK Compass 

We ordered ours on March 11th 2008 and received it April 16th We were quoted May 6th originally; it came almost a month early.
Nick_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.