How does the Compass handle snow/ice? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > How does the Compass handle snow/ice?

Custom Axle Work at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 09-15-2013, 03:45 AM   #16
KLRJEEPER

good for you. been reading alot of your posts and I see why. You are THE MAN!....NOBODY is as awesome as you! sorry we all can't be superheros like yourself.

KLRJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 06:53 AM   #17
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Wth dude? You are the one making posts about somebody that you don't know a thing about, not possibly knowing as much as you about winter driving...because they live in California? What an ignorant assumption. And your picture you used to try and prove how much more extreme your life is compared to the rest of us looks like a typical snowstorm. I see nothing unique about it.

Sounds to me like you know nothing of winter driving if you need special tires on a 4wd vehicle to get through that. When the rest of us can plow through snow all day on stock goodyears and firestones.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 06:58 AM   #18
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Oh yeah and htf do you get 7 flats in 6 weeks? You should limit your curb checks to once a week and you'll find your tires will last longer.
Unread 09-15-2013, 07:41 AM   #19
KLRJEEPER

no unlike yourself, I use my jeeps off road (edit: and got them because of the junk sr-a tires). and give us a calculation of how many miles are on your patriot...please. And As I stated, that photo was the start of a snow storm and one of the few I could find.

and yes, I COULD drive in the winter using the stock **** tires that come on the patriot. However, here where the average snow fall per week is measure in ft not inches, its MUCH SAFER to use actual winter driving tires. Our average snow fall last winter was 42" per week. most of that is over a 24 hr period. Not 6 here and 7 there. its huge wet snow dumps. again unlike most of the snow that falls in the rockies which is dryer snow. I know because I have spent alot of time in alberta and BC. the snow this side of the continent is wet sloppy **** that when you drive on it it's like driving on marbles with **** tires.

again please give me a milage per year you drive, as well as a per year milage count of how much of that is in ****ty snowstorms....would be interesting to see how much you drive compared to how much I drive.
Unread 09-15-2013, 07:48 AM   #20
KLRJEEPER

Ok, found some better over night dumps for you ocr.

here we go.

One of our local highways

another of our local highways being cleared after 3 days of snow.

again this is wet sloppy heavy snow...not fluff.

after 2 days of snowfall.

Unread 09-15-2013, 07:57 AM   #21
jacko15
2014 WK 

I've been seeing those pictures for years on the web. This thread has gone to hell. I'm sure the OP has quit monitoring it many posts ago.
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #22
KLRJEEPER

yes you have, but guess what, they are from newfoundland AAAAANNNNNNDDDDD that happens every winter here. nothing new, nothing special, just showing that yes, we do have lots of snow, I drive a hell of alot of miles in it, and I know what its like to use the junk sra tires as well as something good and safe. too funny, in this instance the old say goes true, this is newfoundland not disneyland. i think thats in california if I remember correctly.

in 45 consecutive days last year my town received 174 Inches of snow. other places close by that I frequently travel received over 200 inches in those same 45 days. this is just average too.

the year before in 3 days we received 51" of snow. approx 115 cm.

this guy comes on and calls me about what I know about winter driving after I say I know alot about it because I do so much, and he lives in fresno????????I could care less where he's driven to in the past, I have driven alot in florida too, since I visit there 3 times a year.

I live in a huge snowbelt, on a regluar basis I have to shovel my door way just to get outside. i say the only snow ocr sees now is from the snow cone machine at the local park.

If you say the sr-a are fine in snow, its due to one of two things, you dont drive alot in snow, or you dont drive in alot of snow.

they are useless for anything up here really. just how it is, useless for off road, snow and just marginal in rain.
Unread 09-15-2013, 08:32 AM   #23
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

FujativeOCR is a bit of a negative nancy who doesn't really like his pat...

and the SRA's are crap in snow, at least in AZ, I got my pat last october, drove up to my family's cabin in november, near heber az, in the snow, and the tires slipped and slid all over the place. Figured it was just me not knowing what I was doing, But got some falken rockey mountains from discount, drove up again in december, and no issues at all, felt like I was driving on paved road. The sra's and the falken's both had less than 1000 miles on them when driving in the snow.
aroundincircles is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #24
KLRJEEPER

The sr-a's are crap everywhere. no good in rain, no good in snow, no good off road.
Unread 09-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #25
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

^Because Pats suck

And I'm not even going to retort agaisnt pictures that arent even his. I could find pictures just like that from Tahoe AND Washington where I lived and drove most of my life (and where the world record for most snow received in a year is from)

I called you out because you are disregarding anybody's opinion that isn't yours without knowing a damn thing about them.

I drive about 8,000 miles a year if you must know. Please tell me how that corelates to not knowing how to drive in snow. You think I just forgot because I moved out of it?
Unread 09-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #26
KLRJEEPER

WOW 8,000 whole miles. That corelates because of experience dummy. I drive 8000 miles in a week. IN THE WINTER.....btw, Pats don't suck. just because you have a pickle up your *** about yours don't mean they are not great rigs for ALOT OF OTHER PEOPLE. stop spewing your hatred here! thanks..

btw, here is a photo of MY PATRIOT after a single nights dump! enjoy! Lots of snow nights like this. unlike in fresno. enjoy a snow cone for us, in those amazing 8000 miles you drive a year! phew. lots of experience behind the wheel. my 1 year behind the wheel = 10 years of yours. phew, glad I am a crappy driver, do that since i was 20 years old, and not cause one accident or drive off the road in winter....PHEW!

Unread 09-15-2013, 04:10 PM   #27
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Cool story Bro. Here's one of my FRONT WHEEL DRIVE Grand Am that drove out of this just fine. By the looks of things I must have been in Newfoundland.

image-183858898.jpg

Do you even know why I only drive 8,000 miles a year? Because I spend 4 days a week flying to other cities. It's difficult to rack up miles from a hotel room ******bag.
Unread 09-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #28
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

And I'm done with this thread. I didnt want a pissing match but you pissed me off assuming I know nothing of snow because I live in California. My opinion matters as much as yours and the next guy on here. The tires work fine for most snow, but not the far superior Newfoundland snow. Anybody shopping for Patriot or Compass tires should consider your geographic location, Newfoundland vs. Everywhere else in the world.
Unread 09-16-2013, 03:01 AM   #29
KLRJEEPER

again, OCR, you physically drive 8,000 miles a year. and you pissed me off discrediting my driving experience and btw, it's not just newfoundland that gets snow like that, but most of eastern north america. Snow tires do work, but you would'nt know. you only drive 8k a year. besides, i could care less why you drive 8k a year. That don't matter. What matters is I come in a say that the SR-A tires are crap for most everything esp. winter driving. Then you come barging in and blast my driving ability and credibility. So I call you out and you drive 8k a year. In fresno none the less. Ha ha ha. What a JOKE! I average 60k a year and have done up to 100k in one year. I think I can comment on what tires work and what ones don't with a little more credibility than say someone who drives 8k a year. There's no palm trees here. I guess the SR-A tires work fine for the FRESNO SNOW cone SNOW. Ha ha. *******. I drive for work, you fly. Now, if I come on and discredit your flying ability, after just just flying a couple of cessna 150s, then you have every right to call me out. but until then G.F.Y.!
Unread 09-16-2013, 03:03 AM   #30
KLRJEEPER

BTW,

people know what an A$$hat you are here. you bought a pat that you don't like and now you have a major gripe with everyone because of it. but theres a bright side, you spend 8k a year in it. so do worry to much jack.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.