How do you like your Jeep Patriot? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > How do you like your Jeep Patriot?

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-09-2007, 04:39 AM   #31
tasar

I had a 2004 v8 grand cherokee and had a number of driveline and fuel pump issues with it - with fuel getting towards 1.50l here in australia the GC was costing close to $100 to fill and only getting 400k was very frustrating

So looked around for a mid size suv - no need for a 4wd as have a wrangler

Choices here in Australia

toyota CRV
subaru forestor
Mistsubishi outlander
nissan Xtrail
all nice trucks but all japanese so look good but drive like wet spronges with the except of the forester 2.5l turbo

Jeep released the patriot here in Aug 07

what a breathe of fresh air and guess what I could get a CRD limited cheaper than all the above vehicles

So we got one at the end of August

1. its a classic jeep look - it turns heads
2. all the safety options
3. the 2l crd rocks - don't miss the v8 except if have to tow a large weight
4. the interior is very practical and easy to clean
5. the back area being all plastic is great for our german sheperd
6. the fuel economy 7l per 100k is amazing
7. practical seating - can fold and move all seats
8. freedom drive system is great especially wet weather

dislikes

1. not as comfortable on loing trips as the GC - no other car comes near the GC though
2. the suspension movement is a bit noisy
3. no rear cage available

Well done too JEEP for this little SUV great little truck for smaller families

tasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2007, 11:21 AM   #32
Tasha125
2007 MK Patriot 

i have an '07 patriot limited 4x2, 2.4L engine, etc etc...

1. the $$$$!! you get so much for your money with the patriot! i paid approx $22k out the door and mine has everything except the NAV unit or 6 disc audio system. i've got u-connect bluetooth, sunroof, heated leather seats, etc... anything i'm forgetting?
2. it drives smoother than my uncle's Lexus RX 400 hybrid.
3. the exterior design is very stylish and jeepy!
4. the stock single-disc stereo system has a great sound to it.
5. MPG rocks! i'm getting an average of 25 mpg.
6. the leg room in both the front and back is GREAT.
7. when you take out the cargo cover in the trunk you can recline the rear seats pretty far back, which is great for long road trips!
8. love the turn radius! makes it easy to make u-turns in tight spaces and allows for easier parallel parking.

i'm sure i'm forgetting some!

DISLIKES
1. what is up with no cabin light for the back seat?? if anyone has put in their own, please hit me up. i would like some advice on how to go about doing this.
2. i wish the CVTII would allow for faster acceleration in times of need. although... i've gotten more used to it lately and i have been able to accelerate fairly quickly now without skidding.
3. it would be nice if the steering wheel could be telescopic.
4. the head rests aren't that comfortable.

not that many dislikes
[SIZE="2"][B][[url=http://www.revolix.net/junk/patriot.jpg]PIC 1[/url] | [url=http://www.revolix.net/junk/patriot1june08.jpg]PIC 2[/url] | [url=http://www.revolix.net/junk/patriot2june08.jpg]PIC 3[/url]][/B][/SIZE]
Tasha125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2007, 01:17 PM   #33
Fogrunner
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I looked at the Compass and was just about to buy. My wife and I test drove the Compass, and on a whim, took the Patriot for a test drive. Sold!!! Just pulled the trigger on the Patriot. I pick it up in an hour. I think it's a great little vehicle and look forward to driving it.
Unread 12-11-2007, 07:08 AM   #34
jjdejesus
2008 MK Patriot 

2008 Sport 4x2 w/ E, Premium Sound and Sirius

Pros:
- Price
- Lifetime warranty
- 2.0 engine is good, and gets up to speed nicely. (don't realize when I am at 80)
- MPG
- Sirius radio works great
- BA Radio is LOUD.
- Looks cool. Lots of heads turned and comments from strangers. (maybe I should get the security package too.)
- tons of head and leg room front and back.
- Steering wheel controls are very intuitive and simple
- It also feels great to have a nice vehicle that is American made too!

Con:
- Front seats could use height adjustment. People under 5'4 may need to sit on phone books to see properly
- Sirius radio (base model REF) does not display the name of the Station, Artist, or Song. Small irritance.
- Rear View mirror is kind of far. Small irritance.
- We could use a light in the rear seats
- Compact tire on my model (didn't read all of the fine print)
- Cup holders in back seat are bulky and obstruct seating in middle rear. (My old Sentra had a push in type of cup holder that "disappeared" when pushed in and not in use. For the infrequency that people in the back use the cupholders, Jeep should fix this later.)

Nonissue.
- My rear seats also fold WAAAYYY back! Plenty of comfy room in back. Don't see what the issue is with other posts on this subject.
- Haven't used the flip down speakers yet. Maybe during the spring or when I wash the Jeep. I hope this doesn't become a feature I never use.
- Head rests don't bother or impress me. I don't drive with my head resting that far back.
jjdejesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2007, 09:47 AM   #35
eeyun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdejesus
2008 Sport 4x2 w/ E, Premium Sound and Sirius

Con:
- Front seats could use height adjustment. People under 5'4 may need to sit on phone books to see properly
This is available for the drivers side seat.
eeyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2007, 03:19 PM   #36
safaribabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdejesus
- Sirius radio (base model REF) does not display the name of the Station, Artist, or Song. Small irritance.
I am not sure what your radio is compared to mine, but hit the INFO button. Or did you mean it not displaying on the EVC on the dash?
safaribabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.