How do you like your Jeep Patriot? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > How do you like your Jeep Patriot?

Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 08-24-2007, 07:56 AM   #16
FirstPatriot
2007 MK Patriot 

Wow that was quick. Thank you ever so much... I am calling for an appoint this weekend. It is going to take me some time I think to get familiar with this site as I keep getting lost or can't find my way.... Lynn

FirstPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2007, 11:59 AM   #17
safaribabe

Just picked ours up!

We just bought one the night before last. I drove it to work yesterday and really liked it. Hubby drove it last night and I sat in the back with the baby who was in her car seat. I thought the back seat was a bit rigid and forced you to sit upright. While that's a good thing! I can see on long distances it might get a bit tiring. For the most part, the adults will be in the front seats but for anyone who plans to have passengers in the back, the back is a bit unconfortable. The lounge capability of the Limited is a bit odd... even in it's loung position it is straight up. The non-lounge position is even worse... can't imagine when you would use that position other than to maybe get more cargo room? Odd. I would like to see the lounging back seat go back even further.

It was a great ride yesterday though I need to see about resetting the mpg averaging as we are only getting 18.5 MPG and that's NOT very good. We expected much more. But I am not sure how the averaging works and if it can be reset. I am sure it's figuring in alot of folks test driving it and really punching it. It came with 100 miles on it but we got a good deal.

Also would like to see more information available in the EVIC so you dont' have to turn to look at the console. Haven't used the Nav just yet.

Will report more later.. overall, pretty nice. Certainly a step up from my Honda Civic though that was a darn good car! Only one problem in 13 years and I am just afraid that the Jeep is not going to be able to meet that competition in reliability so we shall see.
safaribabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2007, 12:22 PM   #18
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

To reset the AVG MPG just hold the button in while that screen is up and it re-zeros.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2007, 02:42 PM   #19
safaribabe

Thanks

Thanks Gramps! Saved me having to dig through the manual though it seems fairly well organized from what I can tell.
safaribabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2007, 06:34 PM   #20
WranglerMatt
2008 JK Wrangler 

Diesel patriot or compass

There are people on this forum talking about seeing disguised turbo diesel jeep compasses driving around. Has anyone else seen these or heard about these? I would like to know if they are actually thinking about producing them in the United States. They have them in the UK (MK Compass). Build them here I will buy one next week
WranglerMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2007, 06:47 PM   #21
itasor
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearly.normal
-Wish Fog Lights remained on when Brights are on. But they auto-off
Nice review, thanks! This happens on every car I've seen with OEM fog lights.
itasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2007, 06:21 AM   #22
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearly.normal
-Wish Fog Lights remained on when Brights are on. But they auto-off
Simply because Fog Lights are not driving lights. Fog lights by design are mounted low to cut under the fog and reduce the glare reflecting back on the driver. High power on the fog lights is not recommended either. If they worked with the high beams on, you would be defeating their purpose.

Here is another discussion on Fog Lights http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/fog-lamp-replacement-334005/. I'm still looking for some "dark amber" bulbs myself.

Unread 09-29-2007, 11:00 AM   #23
festerw
2003 TJ Wrangler 

We've had ours since April 4th and have around 8k on it now. The CVT with the TSB done is much better. We love the vehicle and think it performs as we expected.

Only two things that bother me are 1. I'm just a little too tall for the tailgate and hit the top of my head 2. I really wish the gas tank was bigger than 13 gallons we get 23-24mpg but still have to fill it every week. It makes it seem like it gets worse mileage than it actually does.
Unread 09-29-2007, 06:05 PM   #24
echocat22
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by festerw
2. I really wish the gas tank was bigger than 13 gallons we get 23-24mpg but still have to fill it every week. It makes it seem like it gets worse mileage than it actually does.

i own a compass sport and agree with the gas tank size , needs to be 14.9 or so
echocat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2007, 01:56 PM   #25
TeHpWNaG3
2007 MK Patriot 

+1 for larger tank volume! Speaking of fluids...it needs more drink holders, too!

For the most part, I will second what others have mentioned. The following things standout in my mind.

Dislikes:

The "oh sh*t" handles are a joke! Even my girlfriend cannot wedge her dainty little paw into this thing. Ridiculous! Hopefully, after I install my Strut Tower Brace, these handles will be rendered (even more) useless.

The CVT is quirky for me. Gutless low-end torque and the engine sounds like a vacuum cleaner with an overstuffed bag at high RPM. The power train seems to be the weak link here, for me. However, it does get the job done but I won't be racing for pinks anytime soon. What's up with the big honkin' muffler? Looks like it should hold the extra fuel capacity I wanted.

I love the removable flashlight, but the mid-cabin area needs illumination. I read a post where someone added their own set of lights, but no more info was disclosed on what they used or where they installed them. Oh well.

My Valentine One radar locator was a pain to wire properly while having it in a location not easy to see from the outside but still being able to function properly. My '01 Strat R/T was a snap in comparison.

I love how it looks. I get a LOT of compliments on my Patriot. All of my windows are tinted and I have front, rear & side OEM Air Deflectors & front/rear Splash Guards installed which gives a very nice custom look.

While some people seem to not like the headrests, these are the only ones I can comfortably use and not feel like a dentist is about to start working on me. I can also wear my baseball cap on backwards and the headrest will allow it. I am 6'4" and the cabin has incredible headroom. The seat & seatbelt height adjustments are wonderful. Even though I drive, the backseats are great. My passengers are amazed by the recline and headroom.

Overall, I really like my Patriot. It's roomy & comfortable while giving me a good sense of value. I purchased mine 1% under invoice (Affiliate Rewards), but I still would have paid more for it. Can't wait to see how it handles the Wisconsin snow season.

Side note: While I can't condone speeding, I was OVERWHELMED by how well this Jeep holds the road at 80-85mph. It's not exactly car-like, but much more civilized than a typical 4x4. I have the white-outline Goodyear Wrangler tires too.
TeHpWNaG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2007, 05:19 PM   #26
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

You're going to love it in the snow! I'm looking forward to Winter, first time in years.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/compass-snow-2006-07-a-345239/

Unread 10-04-2007, 08:50 AM   #27
TeHpWNaG3
2007 MK Patriot 

After reading that, I too am looking forward to a snowy, but safe, winter!

Thanks, Gramps!
TeHpWNaG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2007, 05:50 PM   #28
BuzzDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by safaribabe
The lounge capability of the Limited is a bit odd... even in it's lounge position it is straight up. The non-lounge position is even worse... can't imagine when you would use that position other than to maybe get more cargo room? Odd. I would like to see the lounging back seat go back even further.
Sorry if this is a dumb question, safaribabe...but do you guys have the cargo cover in place? I'm referring to the window shade-like cover that's behind the rear seats; if it's in place it will prevent the seat from reclining to its fullest range of motion.

I've got a Sport, and my seats seem to go waaaaay back.
BuzzDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2007, 08:09 AM   #29
CharBroiled
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeHpWNaG3
The CVT is quirky for me. Gutless low-end torque and the engine sounds like a vacuum cleaner with an overstuffed bag at high RPM.

I love how it looks. I get a LOT of compliments on my Patriot. All of my windows are tinted and I have front, rear & side OEM Air Deflectors & front/rear Splash Guards installed which gives a very nice custom look.

Overall, I really like my Patriot. It's roomy & comfortable while giving me a good sense of value.

Side note: While I can't condone speeding, I was OVERWHELMED by how well this Jeep holds the road at 80-85mph. It's not exactly car-like, but much more civilized than a typical 4x4. I have the white-outline Goodyear Wrangler tires too.
we took our patriot on a 400 mile trip to maine this weekend. sooo comfortable compared to the cherokee we took last time. I agree about a gutless low end, Im used to "instant on" V8 or the 4.0 I6 engine but once it starts going it does well.. no problem at all on the highway at 85-90 or passing. just odd getting back on the highway on a rest area on ramp and having the engine scream at 6000 rpm the whole time

it is roomy, feels very spacious driving, even more so than my cherokee. love the steering wheel audio controls too.

finally used the removable flashlight at the beach when we stayed there till after dark.. never though we would actually use it as we always have a regular flash in the jeep but it was nice to have 2

we got a lot of looks too but some of those where when I parked on some decent sized rocks at two lights lighthouse to show it off. when I left a guy in a rav4 looked like he was going to try and park where I did but he gave up.. chicken!

Last edited by CharBroiled; 10-09-2007 at 08:31 AM..
CharBroiled is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2007, 10:06 PM   #30
JeepinGirlCT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Like Mine So Far

I traded in my 05 Xterra for the 08 Patriot. The ride is better, better features, quieter, and roomier. My family has an easier time getting in and out of the vehicle (I have 2 young boys). Mine has a moonroof which is fun. I have the 5 spd manual-I don't like auto trannys so the CVT was automatically out for me. The only small question I have is that I've noticed that the throttle has stuck now twice on me in the 2 weeks I've had the vehicle. Nothing extremely aweful, but at times I've noticed a lag in the engine response. If it keeps up, I will bring it back to be checked out. Overall, I'm really happy with the truck and enjoy driving it. I like the fact that it has an outside temp guage even without the major electronic package system. I'm looking forward to better gas milage, and hopefully better build quality-my Xterra was a piece of junk.

Does anyone know if there is body molding kits available for the Patriots? I'm worried about the doors getting dinged. I thought I came across a post for a Compass owner that found body molding-any help out there?
JeepinGirlCT is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.