How To Clean Throttle Body On 2007 Pat? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > How To Clean Throttle Body On 2007 Pat?

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-11-2011, 08:39 AM   #1
bill-pat

How To Clean Throttle Body On 2007 Pat?

Anyone know the best way to get to and clean the throttle body on a 2007 Patriot?
Seems like the throttle body is mounted on the side of the engine, down in front of the grill, not a very convenient place to get to.

I am starting to get some whines and whistles on my jeep and I want to make sure everything is clean and tight with the intake system.

Thanks as always for any help.

bill-pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 01:46 AM   #2
misfitJason

Just take the cover off and use a carb or aerosol cleaner
misfitJason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 08:33 AM   #3
bill-pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfitJason View Post
Just take the cover off and use a carb or aerosol cleaner
Thanks for the reply.

How do you get to it?
Mine is mounted on the front side of the engine block just behind the rad. It's buried under the coolant hoses on top of it.
It's a tight spot.
I was wondering if anyone has done this before and could share what they had to take apart to get to it?
bill-pat is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.