Honest dealers? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Honest dealers?

Visit 1aauto.com For ShockTober Deals on Monroe shocks andAdvance Adapters SYE KitsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 02-19-2014, 06:04 PM   #46
Thedawgshow
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko15 View Post
No kiddin'? My local dealer has 60 on his lot.
http://www.bianchihonda.com/new-cars...ws-10/index-1/
I also thought you meant you worked there. Here is our website, and as you can see, we are down to 5 and they are not even here yet but on transport. That is why we don't have a picture of them yet. The paper work just hit the store.

http://edmartinhonda.com/Indianapoli...35&Model=Pilot

Hmmmmmmmm, I can't imagine Honda is just sending them to Pa. I wonder why your local dealer has so many?

My pappy was a pistol, I'm a son of a gun.
Thedawgshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2014, 07:18 PM   #47
jacko15
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedawgshow View Post
I wonder why your local dealer has so many?
Good question! I wonder why your dealer has so few. This isn't exactly a booming metropolis we have here.
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2014, 08:26 PM   #48
Thedawgshow
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko15 View Post
Good question! I wonder why your dealer has so few. This isn't exactly a booming metropolis we have here.
I wish I knew. It isn't just us. The other dealers here don't have that many too. Manufacturers are so ate up that way. We are always the second or third in most cars sold in our area and Indy's oldest Honda dealership. We sold a lot of them this year for sure, but we still have half a year to go. You would think they would get us plenty of them.

A few years ago we sold a lot of Honda Ridgelines to people in California because they couldn't get them out there. All the dealers were out of them.

Unread 02-19-2014, 08:55 PM   #49
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

I think you will find a Unicorn first(Honest dealers?) . The odds would be better finding a heard of them...............
Unread 02-19-2014, 09:58 PM   #50
Thedawgshow
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
I think you will find a Unicorn first(Honest dealers?) . The odds would be better finding a heard of them...............
That is pretty funny, but in 13 years of selling cars, I can tell you this. I grew up in a little town, the son of a WWII sailor and grew up around many great men. You could walk into the local hardware store and on your word could take out what you needed and come back later and pay. A little place where your word was what you were. I still live in a little town to this day with only one stop light, one bar and about 5 church's. Besides my time in the U.S. Army and the years on the road singing, I have lived in the same county in Indiana all of my life.

I have done business honestly in all my dealings over the years. No doubt that a fell short a few times when I was a younger man in this aspect as many if not all men have. However, never have I been dishonest in the car business or my dealings with people for many years. I have many happy customers that will verify this. After all, I have no where to hide. I am kind of famous and can be found real easy at my honky tonk shows or local school functions, the little league football field, or the little league basketball court, or even baseball fields. My facebook page is left open so anyone can post on it. I do not fear what anyone has to say about me.

What I do find are potential customers who say they will call me back or come back, but never do because they do not have enough spine to tell the truth.

What I also find is that people will tell you that their trade is in perfect condition and then when I inspect it, it needs tires or has bubbling paint or even have a transfer case full of water, because they did not service it correctly as they said they did. You can imagine. We have all dealt with people like this in many areas of our lives. I have heard people say it is ok to lie to a salesman because they are a car salesman. CRAZY!!!

How about all those union autoworkers who used to put beer cans inside of the doors back in the 70's and 80's. That was real honest. How about you? Have you been totally honest today in all your dealings?

I understand the feelings of people though. Dealerships are looked down upon, and I get it. It is OK. I have broad shoulders and thick skin.

We just had a man retire from our dealership after 44 years there. A neat old man named Joe who grew up in an Immigrant Jewish household in New York. Honesty and family was what he lived for. Raised 2 of his own daughters, fostered more than 40 children, and adopted two others. No, he never became rich and never lived in a 2000 sq. foot home, but he was more of a man the Teddy Kennedy who killed a woman while driving drunk, left the scene, lied his butt off and died a "hero" of the people. Or be revered like Bill Clinton who lied and cheated his way to the top. Or how about that Ray Lewis? Filthy rich, admired by so many, yet he killed a man, lied his but off, got away with it, and made millions and so many people even wore his jersey.

It is a crazy world for sure, and REALLY backwards from what I was brought up to believe. I know I will never be rich, because unlike Joe Kennedy, or Rockefeller, or any of men who are thought to be great, I will not rest my principles for greatness. I will die with a clear heart and my sons knowing their father was a good man though. Oh, I have made mistakes for sure when I was younger and was not always honest back then. Like I said most if not all men have failed in this aspect.

What do you do for a living? I bet I can tear up your professions credibility for it's morality.

Unread 02-20-2014, 07:08 AM   #51
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbra View Post
Edmunds also says the sticker price for these two models should be 19-21000 ish, not the 23-26 local dealers are asking.
I give up
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2014, 07:30 AM   #52
Thedawgshow
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart View Post
I give up
If you could just get him into the dealership and show him in person, he would get it. I hope he comes to see me so I can show him in person. Face to face is always the best, but everyone is afraid to go inside the dealership. Everyone wants to buy a $20,000.00 car the same way they buy a pair of jeans online. It just isn't that easy. With all the regulations the government puts on the industry both the cars and the financing, it is hard. The fair lending act prevents anyone from quoting payments until all the info is given, but everyone wants a quote with out knowing their personal info and so much more. So if I quote a payment using the lowest in rate only to later find out they haven't ever paid anybody back before, I broke the law.

Even crazier, people pay the same or more for cable or satellite T.V. than what they want their car payment to be. Yet, try to get to work on your T.V. at 70MPH and then walk away after a crash almost unscathed.

How about that IPHONE payment that everyone talks and texts on while they drive down the road. How much more is that than the ideal car payment they want. Don't you love it when they come in looking at maybe a $30,000.00 car and can not figure out why they can't have a $200.00 payment. They always look dumbfounded when I grab a calculator and just divide $30,000.00 by 60 months with out tax and interest and show them the number. It is only math folks.

I really hope he finds a good salesman that makes him a customer for life.

Some folks are so great to work with. I just had a family buy their 7TH and
8TH cars from me in the last 7 years. Great family who does their due homework, then comes back time and time again because they know they will get honest, straight forward answers and A1 service from me. I know you have lots of customers like this too. We just have to go out back, cuss and yell to get it out and then go back in with a smile on our face and if we get time for lunch (RARE) reward ourselves and then go home and love the ones that make it all worth while.

Good luck today on the lot, I am going to enjoy the rare day off!!!

Unread 02-20-2014, 08:29 AM   #53
umbra
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
I give up

What you guys already know is that cars, especially new ones, are one of the biggest financial decisions anyone can make.

If I buy some Starbucks coffee at a 300% markup, I'm out $4. So what.
I get gas station coffee when I'm out and about anyway, 99 cents.

I get beat up on a car, I might be out thousands.

People HATE buying cars. Why? We've all been burned or know someone who has.

I bought my first new car (91 Wrangler) when I was 22. Picked it out, worked a deal for hours. Traded in my car and left with the promise that I could pick up my new Jeep the following day.

Got back the next day and found that the dealer had removed the aluminum wheels and replaced them with steelies. They denied that it ever had aluminum wheels on it. Refused to change the wheels, claimed my trade in was already gone. Went to sign the paperwork and found that my financing was at a higher % rate than the day before costing me an additional 50 bucks a month more than I had at the time.

Being young and stupid, I took the Jeep, left and ate it. If I EVER see "Walt" again...well, you get it.

Everyone has a story like that, or knows someone who does.

EDIT***hahahahahahaha. Just checked dawgs co. Jeep site. There's a 5 speed Latitude with a 2.4 on there for 21K hahahahahaha. Same one around here is 24K hahahahahahaha! I love it.

http://www.edmartincdjr.com/new/Jeep...a9a766b54a.htm

So the quest is over, I seem to have found an honest dealer. And so much for never finding that oddball Patriot that no one would ever have. hahahahahahahahaha!

Irony.
umbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2014, 09:30 AM   #54
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:

What you guys already know is that cars, especially new ones, are one of the biggest financial decisions anyone can make.

I bought my first new car (91 Wrangler) when I was 22. Picked it out, worked a deal for hours. Traded in my car and left with the promise that I could pick up my new Jeep the following day.

Got back the next day and found that the dealer had removed the aluminum wheels and replaced them with steelies. They denied that it ever had aluminum wheels on it. Refused to change the wheels, claimed my trade in was already gone. Went to sign the paperwork and found that my financing was at a higher % rate than the day before costing me an additional 50 bucks a month more than I had at the time.

Being young and stupid, I took the Jeep, left and ate it. If I EVER see "Walt" again...well, you get it.

EDIT***hahahahahahaha. Just checked dawgs co. Jeep site. There's a 5 speed Latitude with a 2.4 on there for 21K hahahahahaha. Same one around here is 24K hahahahahahaha! I love it.

So the quest is over, I seem to have found an honest dealer. And so much for never finding that oddball Patriot that no one would ever have. hahahahahahahahaha!

Irony.
no, you're not finding "dishonest dealers", you simply have no clue what you're looking at, despite the best efforts of members on here. you're still thinking that "MSRP" and the "sale price" are the same thing, and that dealers not advertising a sale price are screwing you over. you still get the rebates when you go into a dealership. this is not a question of you "getting screwed by dishonest dealerships", this is a question of you not really knowing what it is you're seeing, and assuming the worst. just go to your closest jeep dealer. you don't need to travel across the country to a dealer that you think is giving you a better deal, they're not, you're just unsure as to what you're seeing, as I said. I've tried to explain it every way I know how, but Thedawgshow is right, you need someone to show you in person so you get it.

my head hurts...

EDIT: aww, look at that, the MSRP is over $23k. I guess this is another dishonest dealer marking up the window sticker somehow? btw, that's a freedom, not a latitude.
Unread 02-20-2014, 10:02 AM   #55
umbra
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
no, you're not finding "dishonest dealers", you simply have no clue what you're looking at, despite the best efforts of members on here. you're still thinking that "MSRP" and the "sale price" are the same thing, and that dealers not advertising a sale price are screwing you over. you still get the rebates when you go into a dealership. this is not a question of you "getting screwed by dishonest dealerships", this is a question of you not really knowing what it is you're seeing, and assuming the worst. just go to your closest jeep dealer. you don't need to travel across the country to a dealer that you think is giving you a better deal, they're not, you're just unsure as to what you're seeing, as I said. I've tried to explain it every way I know how, but Thedawgshow is right, you need someone to show you in person so you get it.

my head hurts...

EDIT: aww, look at that, the MSRP is over $23k. I guess this is another dishonest dealer marking up the window sticker somehow? btw, that's a freedom, not a latitude.
Do you read any of this?

Take an aspirin and unsubscribe, you'll feel better.
umbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2014, 10:28 AM   #56
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Do you read any of this?

Take an aspirin and unsubscribe, you'll feel better.
yes, I did, I read all of it. you got screwed by a dealer once, and now you're terrified to step foot in one. it's ok, I get it, you're not the first. but your fear in trusting a dealer is not what's in question here, your inability to comprehend what we're trying to explain to you, is.
Unread 02-20-2014, 11:46 AM   #57
Thedawgshow
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Irony.
Just don't communicate to anyone on the website. Call me direct so can do the work and make sure it runs smoothly for you, and thanks!!!!

Unread 02-20-2014, 12:05 PM   #58
Thedawgshow
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Oh, and I am sorry someone took advantage of you when you were young. I had a guy make a chunk of change on me when I came back from war with a chunk of change in my pocket. A hard lesson learned though.

It isn't just car dealers though. Business is a cold ruthless thing. Insurance, medicine and banking have to be about the worst, and like all business including schools now, it is the people way up the chain of command that make all the money, on the blood, sweat, and tears of the people under them. Rockefeller, Carnegie, Henry Ford, and so many more have killed men women and children to make their money and then became philanthropists so to try and buy their way into heaven. The superintendents of our school systems now in our larger school districts make hundreds of thousands of dollars and then tell us that they will have to cut bussing our children to school because they don't have enough money, yet we are building Taj Mahals, for sports complex's and can not buy enough desks, books and chalk for our children to learn. The state of our democracy is in a sad state guys and gals, and I am afraid of what is to come to our country. Right back to the manufacturers of everything from shoes made with child labor in China and sold for hundreds of dollars here in America to the C.E.O.s of auto industry who make billions of dollars sending our employment opportunities to Mexico or where ever they can spend only slave wages. Heck, I could not find a pair of snow boots made here in America a few years Ago. the ones I bought were $200.00 and made in Vietnam. Ok, I am done. Everyone have a great day and I will talk with you all soon!!!!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.