Hill Start Assist - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Hill Start Assist

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 04-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #16
firstegg
2013 MK Patriot 

Lee, I got the manual already, thanks!

firstegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #17
ODubhGhaill
2014 MK Patriot 

I've got a 2014 Patriot Latitude, 6spd. automatic. I do not think HSA is working. I apply brake on steep grades, more than 8%, but when I let off it rolls back. It will continue to roll back in Drive if I let it. Window sticker indicates HSA. Am I missing something here?
ODubhGhaill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2013, 09:12 PM   #18
rivalarrival
Stormaggedon

1997 TJ Wrangler 

It might be turned off. Look at the first post for instructions to turn it back on.

You do have to come to a complete stop on the hill, with your foot on the brake. Once you take your foot off the brake, HSA will only keep you stopped for a second or two before it releases. If you haven't gotten on the accelerator in time, or hard enough, you'll roll back even with it working.

And are you sure the hill is >8% slope?

We work together every damn day. --Jon Stewart

Any gas can be a knockout gas, when you wrap a steel cylinder around it and beat someone with it.

Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club member #188
rivalarrival is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.