Hill Decent Controll on Compass? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Hill Decent Controll on Compass?

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-16-2009, 11:21 PM   #1
Urr

Hill Decent Controll on Compass?

I thought there's no HDC on FDI Compass/Patriot?

But regarding to the home page Compass 2009 has it:
http://www.jeep.com/en/2009/compass/...ty/suspension/

Hill Descent Control
Hill Descent Control allows a smooth and controlled hill descent on rough or slippery terrain without the driver needing to touch the brake pedal. This system applies the brakes to each wheel individually when needed to reduce forward motion while negotiating down steep grades.

Is it a new thing for 2009?

In bright and happy future: Jeep Wrangler
Urr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 05:29 AM   #2
Tony1911
2007 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urr View Post
Is it a new thing for 2009?
Apparently, yes.

The HDC used to be a part of the off-road package and so only FDII Patriots had one. I wonder what they've done differently in the '09s. Interesting times.

(For what it's worth, apparently the HDC is amongst the least useful items in the off-road package. So don't feel too bad that you've missed out. Besides, you have a manual gear box. There's your hill descent control right there! )
Tony1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 05:49 AM   #3
Urr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1911 View Post
Apparently, yes.

The HDC used to be a part of the off-road package and so only FDII Patriots had one. I wonder what they've done differently in the '09s. Interesting times.

(For what it's worth, apparently the HDC is amongst the least useful items in the off-road package. So don't feel too bad that you've missed out. Besides, you have a manual gear box. There's your hill descent control right there! )
Unfortunately manual 1st gear is too fast sometimes,
look at this water-wall in front of the vehicle caused by too high speed. The air intake is just a bit higher...

Must find out if the HDC is only different programming or some extra parts also...
In bright and happy future: Jeep Wrangler
Urr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2009, 07:17 AM   #4
OnRoad
2008 MK Compass 

I have found that the CVTII works sort of like a hill decent control on icy roads if you put it in one of the lower ranges. These big 4 bangers have a lot of back pressure.

As for the HDC, if it can be added by simply flashing the engine and transmission computers, I would be happy to pay to have it done. On a really steep incline, the CVTII is not low enough either...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.