High Idle and Fuel Gauge Issues - 2008 Patriot Sport
My 2008 Patriot Sport just hit 39K, and I am having strange issues with the vehicle.
1. I am having a high idle upon start up (1500 - 2000 RPMs), and it will stabilize at about 1000 RPMs after about 2 minutes.
2. The car is having a constant vibration, and it will sometime give a few hard vibrations when in the Drive gear and stopped.
3. My gas mileage has gone down significantly. I was having about 21 C/26 Hwy and I am lucky if I get 17 MPG now.
4. My fuel gauge will bounce around from full to 1/2 a tank and back to full on occasion regardless if I am on level ground or not.
5. the vehicle struggles to get up hills (3500RPMs at 25 MPH...)
I have had a tuneup, computer update, regular maintenance, and I have had three auto shops (including a Jeep/Dodge dealership) examine my car, and none could identify the problem.
Has anyone experienced these problems? If so, have you resolved them, and how? Please help. I appreciate your advice other than selling this car.