High Beams on Patriot seem underpowered? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > High Beams on Patriot seem underpowered?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-28-2008, 12:14 AM   #1
Dr. Grinch

High Beams on Patriot seem underpowered?

I don't know if this is just their normal function, or if there may be a voltage problem, but my High beams seem completely and utterly useless in my Patriot.
While driving down dark country roads I get next to no help from the high beams over the standard headlights. It throws very little more light.
Has anyone else noticed this?
On my last car the highs would add a great deal of extra width and brightness to the road...

Dr. Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2008, 05:33 AM   #2
CharBroiled
2000 XJ Cherokee 

there must be a problem. my highbeams are very good. I do a lot of driving in the backwoods at night so I use em a lot.

I wouldnt even mess with them, they are controlled by a very picky computer. I would go back to the dealer and have them check.

you still must be under warranty, yes?
Unread 01-28-2008, 10:22 AM   #3
ScubaStevie
2008 MK Patriot 

My normal headlights are really bright.. I love it except for the occasional ****ty car flashing their brights at me, and then i turn on my highbeams a quick flash and its way brighter..

I have everything stock and they are the brightest lights I've ever had
ScubaStevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2008, 04:25 AM   #4
hvac59

Mine seem very good. That is such a subjective comment, sorry! The only way to truely tell is to take a ride in another Patriot. The dealer's only real tool would be a LIGHT METER and that can be too objective! Is the aiming off or is your vehicle loaded in the rear? If there is a majoor differance to another vehicle that you are comparing to, tell us what it is.
hvac59
White 09 JK "X"
hvac59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.