Hids - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Hids

Black Friday Sale!!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Closed Thread
Unread 03-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #31
KLRJEEPER

My hella HID are 4300K on the front of my Wrangler, 1200 plus mtr range. 5600k is about the limit of not getting into the **** blue range.

Damn so many know it all's on here. its too funny. yes HID is old tech....that works compared to LED that can't light further than the factory high beams.

KLRJEEPER is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2013, 08:30 AM   #32
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLRJEEPER View Post
....funny thing I ran HID, never got pulled over, had the jeep inspected by our local highway enforcement, and passed no problem.
just because your local inspection department is not able to complete their inspections correctly does not make them legal, that makes them incompetent in their jobs.

Quote:
Our HIGHWAY traffic act has now added that HID Kits are NOW LEGAL as long as they are 4300k or less...anything approaching blue with ticket'ed....NOT MINE! anyways, to the sterniacs, please go elsewhere and keep your narrow minded comments to yourself
if you can back up the fact that the HID retrofit kits, which do NOT pass a beam pattern test whatsoever according to the DOT tests that i posted as proof, have been made legal than i will eat my words. until then, i have provided evidence as to their safety and legality, all you've done is say "nuh-uh, i have them, i didn't get pulled over, they looked cool and i can see better!"

Quote:
...and leave the rest of the people here do what they wish with their vehicles.
i'm pretty sure i've said multiple times that people here can do whatever they want to their rides, but they will be INFORMED when they do it. my job is to prevent pretend experts like you from spreading mis-information. who is more qualified to spread information on these kits? a person who has limited knowledge on light mechanics, and who claims that their application "works fine because i've never been pulled over or flashed", an extremely closed-minded approach, or the united states federal department of transportation, along with multiple other countries who have done tests on several vehicles with several different bulbs, all with the same result?

Quote:
if I get tickets for my HID is NOT YOUR PROBLEM...so please FLY elsewhere.
this is about the most closed-minded, hypocritical statement you've made so far, and is the entire point: IT IS NOT ONLY YOUR PROBLEM. you're subjecting other drivers on the road to the distracting, glaring, cheap bulbs that you've put in the car. you think the DOT banned these kits because they're concerned only about your safety? you pass hundreds of people on the road at night with these lights that are forced to stare into the crap that you've installed in your car. your poor decision affects other people, not just yourself.

OP, i've said my piece and you may do as you wish. there are several negative factors to consider when installing a cheap HID retrofit job. they are glaring for other drivers, don't project light as far hindering your ability to see at a distance, you will have to install a relay system to fool the car's computer into thinking they're working just fine, and the ballasts have a tendancy to cause electrical equipment failures in random parts of the car (like the ABS modules, windshield wiper motors, radio, and including but not limited to other safety equipment), you run the risk of passing a cop who actually knows what he's doing and getting ticketed for it, you lose your high beam function (an issue i never even addressed yet), etc etc etc. you may certainly do as you wish, but listening to the fanboys who simply say "i've done it, and i've never gotten ticketed for it or had lights flashed at me" is like someone saying "i shoplift all the time, and i've never been caught before, so it must be okay." it's an extremely closed-minded approach. listed to all the facts (note: FACTS, not opinionated, judgemental statements) and make your own decision.
IRSmart is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #33
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
My hella HID are 4300K on the front of my Wrangler, 1200 plus mtr range. 5600k is about the limit of not getting into the **** blue range.

Damn so many know it all's on here. its too funny. yes HID is old tech....that works compared to LED that can't light further than the factory high beams.
My KC 50w HID's are 5000k.

Range is not as important as lighting up a bigger area.It does no good to throw a beam 1000 meters out but can't see 10 meters in front of you.

Granted not headlight to headlight but you get the idea.

Hella 9007 low beam................

Hella 9007 highbeam..............

Vision X patriot 35 degree floodbeam LED lightbar,5400k light...............

Vision X Evo Prime 20" 20 degree LED lightbar,5400k light.................

KC 50w HID's,5000k..............

I'll take the LED's anyday as they provide better light where it is needed,granted I was pointed downhill a little and I had not yet aimed the LED's either.The end of the building is about 1000' away.
Unread 03-26-2013, 01:17 PM   #34
KLRJEEPER

KC is garbage anyways.

My 55w Hella HID.

[IMG][/IMG]

subject is about 200 ft away from the front of the rig

pretty ****ty lights for old technology. I must take them off and put on some of those great new LED fangled thingy's that eveyone is raving about..

then again, NAH, i will stick to my old technology that acutally tosses a crapload of light in front of my rig!
Unread 03-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #35
KLRJEEPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart View Post
just because your local inspection department is not able to complete their inspections correctly does not make them legal, that makes them incompetent in their jobs.

if you can back up the fact that the HID retrofit kits, which do NOT pass a beam pattern test whatsoever according to the DOT tests that i posted as proof, have been made legal than i will eat my words. until then, i have provided evidence as to their safety and legality, all you've done is say "nuh-uh, i have them, i didn't get pulled over, they looked cool and i can see better!"

i'm pretty sure i've said multiple times that people here can do whatever they want to their rides, but they will be INFORMED when they do it. my job is to prevent pretend experts like you from spreading mis-information. who is more qualified to spread information on these kits? a person who has limited knowledge on light mechanics, and who claims that their application "works fine because i've never been pulled over or flashed", an extremely closed-minded approach, or the united states federal department of transportation, along with multiple other countries who have done tests on several vehicles with several different bulbs, all with the same result?

this is about the most closed-minded, hypocritical statement you've made so far, and is the entire point: IT IS NOT ONLY YOUR PROBLEM. you're subjecting other drivers on the road to the distracting, glaring, cheap bulbs that you've put in the car. you think the DOT banned these kits because they're concerned only about your safety? you pass hundreds of people on the road at night with these lights that are forced to stare into the crap that you've installed in your car. your poor decision affects other people, not just yourself.

OP, i've said my piece and you may do as you wish. there are several negative factors to consider when installing a cheap HID retrofit job. they are glaring for other drivers, don't project light as far hindering your ability to see at a distance, you will have to install a relay system to fool the car's computer into thinking they're working just fine, and the ballasts have a tendancy to cause electrical equipment failures in random parts of the car (like the ABS modules, windshield wiper motors, radio, and including but not limited to other safety equipment), you run the risk of passing a cop who actually knows what he's doing and getting ticketed for it, you lose your high beam function (an issue i never even addressed yet), etc etc etc. you may certainly do as you wish, but listening to the fanboys who simply say "i've done it, and i've never gotten ticketed for it or had lights flashed at me" is like someone saying "i shoplift all the time, and i've never been caught before, so it must be okay." it's an extremely closed-minded approach. listed to all the facts (note: FACTS, not opinionated, judgemental statements) and make your own decision.
****, I need that 10 mins of my life back from reading this garbage...crap, I can't...
Unread 03-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #36
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
KC is garbage anyways.

My 55w Hella HID.

[IMG][/IMG]

subject is about 200 ft away from the front of the rig

pretty ****ty lights for old technology. I must take them off and put on some of those great new LED fangled thingy's that eveyone is raving about..

then again, NAH, i will stick to my old technology that acutally tosses a crapload of light in front of my rig!
Yeah the snow is reflecting it all.Try that same location with no snow.

I'd rather have KC lights then Hella's anyday of the week for offroad lights,better warranty also.
Unread 03-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #37
KLRJEEPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
Yeah the snow is reflecting it all.Try that same location with no snow.

I'd rather have KC lights then Hella's anyday of the week for offroad lights,better warranty also.
Man. Give up. You have every excuse in the book. Has nothing to do with the snow.
Unread 03-26-2013, 02:45 PM   #38
KLRJEEPER

Just to shut the hater up again. What's your amazing excuse this time. Again my Hellas kill your pos kc lights and your crappy new technology led lights. No snow to "reflect" the light. Please just give up

Unread 03-26-2013, 02:46 PM   #39
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Man. Give up. You have every excuse in the book. Has nothing to do with the snow.
Guess you know nothing about reflection or reflectors.Even the stupidest person can tell you snow reflects more light so it appears brighter then it actually is.
Unread 03-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #40
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Just to shut the hater up again. What's your amazing excuse this time. Again my Hellas kill your pos kc lights and your crappy new technology led lights. No snow to "reflect" the light. Please just give up

Nice street lights out of view doing most of the work for you.I can clearly see the sodium vapor light.
Unread 03-26-2013, 02:56 PM   #41
KLRJEEPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post

Nice street lights out of view doing most of the work for you.I can clearly see the sodium vapor light.
Yes right beside the vehicle there is a light, however you can CLEARLY see how wide and bright the beam is. Again you only have excuses. Anyways enough is enough, I will bow out now as you are so thick headed and bias that its laughable. Plus besides its a school night and you have to be in before its dark.
Unread 03-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #42
KLRJEEPER

Excuses this time...

I can't wait to read what excuse you have..

Unread 03-26-2013, 03:39 PM   #43
KLRJEEPER

And here.

Unread 03-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #44
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

I don't know any of you, and thus you all equally sound like little kids arguing.
FujativeOCR is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #45
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

The show is over. All of the info needed is here to make your own decisions.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.