Hids - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Hids

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Closed Thread
Unread 03-22-2013, 01:46 PM   #16
jacko15
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLRJEEPER View Post
Ha ha ha. I love the haters.
Like a rock.

rock.jpg  
jacko15 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2013, 02:20 PM   #17
KLRJEEPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart View Post

i'm a "hater" because i'm informed and actually know what i'm talking about i love ignorance
You think you know what your talking about.

I guess self praise is better than none hey.
KLRJEEPER is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2013, 03:39 PM   #18
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko15

You've hit the nail squarely on the head with that observation. There's a subset of people in our society that is convinced that brighter, louder, bigger, more annoying, more in your face, etc., is always better for them. The problem is, in their little self centered world, it doesn't matter to them how their actions affect anyone else. And trying to reason with them is like trying to reason with a rock.
It's hard to be any sort if a car enthusiast and not step on somebody's toes somewhere. Examples: I like Car Audio. Many people think that only means loud bass and crappy rap music, so they think it's stupid. Lifted trucks: Dangerous to small cars in accidents, bad on environment. Green cars: Smug Holyer than thou drivers and death traps. Muscle Cars: obnoxiously loud and polluting. Import Racers: whiney coffee can sound and still slow, punk teenage drivers. Harley Davidsons: Obnoxious exhaust note, yet somehow they get away with the decibles when cars cant. Crotch Rockets: renegade kids doing wheelies and speeding in and out of traffic. G-Ride Buicks: lord knows why anyone would put 24" rims on a sedan. Lowered mini-trucks: great, defeat the purpose of the truck. And so on and so forth.

But all of these have loyal followers and die hard enthusiasts for their own personal reasons. Stereos make sense to me, everything else looks stupid. But not to everyone else.
FujativeOCR is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2013, 05:32 PM   #19
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLRJEEPER

You think you know what your talking about.

I guess self praise is better than none hey.
He's put forward a better argument than you have. Maybe he does know what he's talking about :shrug:
Concolour is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2013, 04:31 AM   #20
KLRJEEPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concolour View Post

He's put forward a better argument than you have. Maybe he does know what he's talking about :shrug:
Nope, just regurgitating Mr sterns website.
Unread 03-23-2013, 07:14 AM   #21
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Nope, just regurgitating Mr sterns website.
really? because i've provided other examples and metaphors to try and explain the facts (note: i have not used the word opinion. everything i've mentioned is FACT). all you've done is stick your fingers in your ears, shut your eyes and yell "I'M NOT LISTENING!" over and over again. contrary to your beliefs, i actually have a good idea of what i'm talking about, and understand the mechanics of light pretty well.
IRSmart is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2013, 08:02 AM   #22
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart

really? because i've provided other examples and metaphors to try and explain the facts (note: i have not used the word opinion. everything i've mentioned is FACT). all you've done is stick your fingers in your ears, shut your eyes and yell "I'M NOT LISTENING!" over and over again. contrary to your beliefs, i actually have a good idea of what i'm talking about, and understand the mechanics of light pretty well.
Agreement with this guy. Now what really has me scratching my head is what the others have against Daniel stern?
Concolour is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2013, 11:22 AM   #23
KLRJEEPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart View Post

Actually I provided real world experience when it comes to using hid in a patriot and all you have said is. Waaaaahhh, don't do it the world will cataclismically end in a ball of hellfire. When actually they worked fine in that application. What I have against D.S. is he tries to peddle lighting solutions that are no better than cheaper alternatives like he's lighting god.

I had hid in my wrangler as well, but they never worked correct in that application so I took them out again.

The person with their fingers in their ears is IRsmart. Funny thing is his name consider he r not.
Unread 03-25-2013, 06:29 AM   #24
kevinw2345
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have drove my Expedition for a long time with HIDS with no problems at all. The way i think of it, if HIDS were illegal or dangerous to have then new vehicle wouldnt be coming out with them. New cars are being made with HIDS and Projector headlights. Every single thing in this world could be argued about but i dont want this post to turn into an argument. I was looking for unsight on how to properly get my hids running (which i will) not to have an argument go on. So please put an end to the argument. Everyone is opionated and have "facts" but fact is some people like hids and some dont.
kevinw2345 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2013, 06:47 AM   #25
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

HID's DO work with the correct reflectors. They have been used in Europe for quit awhile now with the proper reflectors designed for them. One of the problems on the MK's has been the electrical system but it appears that with relays that issue has been solved. IMHO they are just not worth the effort or expense to change them out when the Sylvania SilverStars, and others, are an easy and direct replacement for the stock lights.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2013, 07:36 AM   #26
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Actually I provided real world experience when it comes to using hid in a patriot and all you have said is. Waaaaahhh, don't do it the world will cataclismically end in a ball of hellfire. When actually they worked fine in that application. What I have against D.S. is he tries to peddle lighting solutions that are no better than cheaper alternatives like he's lighting god.

I had hid in my wrangler as well, but they never worked correct in that application so I took them out again.

The person with their fingers in their ears is IRsmart. Funny thing is his name consider he r not.
really? cause all you've said is "i've used them, they worked fine! everyone else is wrong, don't listen to this guy," whereas i provided links, metaphoric examples, and test data that proves otherwise. oh i forgot, you "met" daniel stern, and with that "meeting" you have the right to judge the legitimacy of his scientific argument. fine, don't like his statements? how about those of the united states department of transportation?

http://dastern.torque.net/techdocs/H..._HID_Retro.pdf
http://dastern.torque.net/techdocs/H..._HID_Retro.pdf
http://dastern.torque.net/techdocs/H...ID_Retro_a.pdf

spoiler alert: they all FAILED, even after they were aimed the best they could be.

or maybe letters from the national highway traffic safety administration?

http://isearch.nhtsa.gov/files/Shih.3.html
http://isearch.nhtsa.gov/files/deetz.ztv.html
http://isearch.nhtsa.gov/files/kim.ztv.html

but you're right, i'm the one who is being closed minded. you can do whatever you want. keep your HIDs in your car, blind every driver in Newfoundland for all i care. i'm not telling you to take them out, it's your car to do whatever you want to it. but you will not tell me that i am wrong, because the points in my argument are not opinionated, they are based on factual tests done on these garbage kits by several branches of multiple first world governments, and every single kit has failed every test it has been put through, regardless of the application, because the problem with these kits is conceptual, so every hallogen housing you put a retrofitted HID bulb into has the same problems. so your "real world "argument that you "had them and they worked fine" further cements that one of us has a very good idea of what they're talking about, while the other does not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
HID's DO work with the correct reflectors. They have been used in Europe for quit awhile now with the proper reflectors designed for them. One of the problems on the MK's has been the electrical system but it appears that with relays that issue has been solved. IMHO they are just not worth the effort or expense to change them out when the Sylvania SilverStars, and others, are an easy and direct replacement for the stock lights.
that's the key. yes, HIDs are brighter, but you need to be able to USE that light effectively. and if you're not replacing the housing, you're doing half the job. everyone here can do whatever they want, my only goal is to prevent the spread of misinformation.

or you can slam your eyes shut, ignore the tests that multiple governments have done, and say everyone else is wrong because they're hella cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw2345 View Post
I have drove my Expedition for a long time with HIDS with no problems at all. The way i think of it, if HIDS were illegal or dangerous to have then new vehicle wouldnt be coming out with them. New cars are being made with HIDS and Projector headlights. Every single thing in this world could be argued about but i dont want this post to turn into an argument. I was looking for unsight on how to properly get my hids running (which i will) not to have an argument go on. So please put an end to the argument. Everyone is opionated and have "facts" but fact is some people like hids and some dont.
but the argument is not about the safety of HIDs, it is about the safety of putting them into a vehicle after they've been manufactured with a different setup. the legality comes into play when you put HIDs into a hallogen headlight housing. that's the entire argument here, not the safety of the HID themselves. in fact, when used properly, it is my opinion (note: for the first time i am making an opinionated statement, and labeling it as such) that HIDs are in fact superior to hallogen headlights.
IRSmart is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2013, 11:31 AM   #27
KLRJEEPER

Kevin,

you need to build a relay system to provide the HID with constant clean power. the canbus sends power in pulse's to the headlights. the halogen bulbs are a filament so they don't flicker like a hid would. its very simple to install all you need is a relay for each light and your good to go. go elsewhere instead of here to find the relay wiring diagram.

Im going by your wishes and not commenting on the peanut gallery which goes to every HID post on every forum singing the praises of Mr Stern. Man, he's almost as bad as apple with the mind control stuff....funny thing I ran HID, never got pulled over, had the jeep inspected by our local highway enforcement, and passed no problem. sorry I had to comment because of their cult following, Our HIGHWAY traffic act has now added that HID Kits are NOW LEGAL as long as they are 4300k or less...anything approaching blue with ticket'ed....NOT MINE! anyways, to the sterniacs, please go elsewhere and keep your narrow minded comments to yourself...and leave the rest of the people here do what they wish with their vehicles. Guess what, its not your rig, don't effin worry about it...if I get tickets for my HID is NOT YOUR PROBLEM...so please FLY elsewhere.
Unread 03-25-2013, 10:33 PM   #28
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Our HIGHWAY traffic act has now added that HID Kits are NOW LEGAL as long as they are 4300k or less...anything .
Still in most of the world they are illegal.I wouldn't want a 4300k or less HID bulb,that is prety yellow,more so then standard halogen bulbs(the cheap ones).5000k is pretty much true white,guess they don't want you guy's to see besides in the fog,oh wait the scattered light will make that impossible with the HID bulb in a halogen housing.

Please by all means provide a link to prove your statement,time you actually provide concrete facts instead of personal views.

Eitherway HID's are old tech now and not worth investing in,legal or not.
Unread 03-26-2013, 03:21 AM   #29
KLRJEEPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post

Still in most of the world they are illegal.I wouldn't want a 4300k or less HID bulb,that is prety yellow,more so then standard halogen bulbs(the cheap ones).5000k is pretty much true white,guess they don't want you guy's to see besides in the fog,oh wait the scattered light will make that impossible with the HID bulb in a halogen housing.

Please by all means provide a link to prove your statement,time you actually provide concrete facts instead of personal views.

Eitherway HID's are old tech now and not worth investing in,legal or not.
4300 are not yellow. They are white with no stupid blue. 6k led are like having blue filters over your lights, plus anything above 4300 starts loosing lumens.
Unread 03-26-2013, 06:47 AM   #30
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
4300 are not yellow. They are white with no stupid blue. 6k led are like having blue filters over your lights, plus anything above 4300 starts loosing lumens.
And then why do high end HID offroad lights in the 4600k-5600k range? Some with ranges of over 1200 meters.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.