HID kit problem on MK's - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > HID kit problem on MK's

Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-17-2008, 01:36 AM   #61
kylekeith

you must install the kit with the HID RELAY wire harness you can buy off of ebay.
A little modification is needed to stop the flashing lights. no disco lights with a single 470uf capacitor attached to the RELAY switched terminal.

these capacitors are available at radioshack for $1.29 make sure you hook up the correct polarity negative goes to the negative terminal on the relay.

GET THE SINGLE BEAM KIT!!!! if you get the halogen high beam it is a joke when you put on your high beams.
the single beam kit is cheaper and you will never use the high beam. it looks like you shut your lights off

kylekeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2009, 04:24 PM   #62
triptronic

HID lightings.

Hi, im new to the forum, sorry if theres already a thread on this but i juss bought my 08 compass bout 4 months ago and i decided to start putting money into it starting with HID's. I was wondering if their was a certain procedure needed to install it in the compass or basic plug and play. I wanted to get Bi-xenons.
triptronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2009, 06:08 PM   #63
badmannersgod
2007 JK Wrangler 

Just wanting to see if there is a update on this? If I just put a variable resistor in parallel with the relay then all the flickering will stop?
badmannersgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2009, 06:48 PM   #64
madrabbitt

Error Code Eliminator - 3 (PAIR): DDM Tuning - HID Kits, DEPO Lights, BMW & Porsche Lighting & Bumpers

Just did a compass show car.

We used a single beam kit from ddm tuning, with the above resistor packs.

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2009, 06:52 PM   #65
badmannersgod
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrabbitt View Post
Error Code Eliminator - 3 (PAIR): DDM Tuning - HID Kits, DEPO Lights, BMW & Porsche Lighting & Bumpers

Just did a compass show car.

We used a single beam kit from ddm tuning, with the above resistor packs.
Any plug in solutions for bi-xenon setup such as mine depicted below?

badmannersgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2009, 08:58 AM   #66
Frohick
2012 JK Wrangler 

supposably Phillips has HID lights that will work with no problems. They guaranteed it will work with any Chrysler cambus computers. It sends signals to the comp. to let it know that lights are there. I have not yet looked into it. I just used to lights (The lights above licence plates.) and hooked them the my HID. No problems.
Frohick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2009, 11:12 AM   #67
Argent33
2014 JK Wrangler 

so I call me clueless....

but if you don't go with the bi-xenons and then turn your high beams on do the headlights turn off?

I only ask because I have the Rallye driving lights that only come on with my 'high beams' but would like to add HID's to the Jeep

-[O l l l l l l l O]- 2014 Freedom Edition JKU - Hydro Blue 6-Spd
Argent33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2009, 06:19 PM   #68
KLRJEEPER

im guessing my cdn version of the patriot does not have canbus. When I picked up the jeep they forgot to install a headlight, and it was not saying anything about a light out, now that I have my bi xenon kit in it, it works fine, execpt for the decrease draw for the drl. I have to figure out a fix for that!
KLRJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2009, 06:37 PM   #69
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I can't imagine they would wire a CDN Patriot differently than any other NA version. I'll need to look into that as to why it would do it.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 04:43 PM   #70
AkRandomhero

08' Jeep Patriot HID's troubles

Hey there, I'm new to this website and I dont know if this problem has been addressed yet. I recently installed 15,000k hids in my car. Heres the link to what i got NOTTO® SE - Complete HID Conversion Kit - 2008 Jeep Accessories Patriot. I had them installed by a friend of mine who is a electrician so im pretty sure everything is installed currectly. The problem i'm having is that the low beams will blink on and off randomly, could be one right after another, or it could be like 5 minutes apart. The high beams work perfect, never blink or flicker.
AkRandomhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2010, 08:15 AM   #71
cactus_jack
1998 XJ Cherokee 

hmm, i would say trace your wires back and make sure you dont have a short anywhere. its either that or a problem with a relay or something. Good luck and let us know how it goes. Since a lot of people deal with them (not just MK owners) you might try posting this question in the electrical forum as well. Oh, and welcome to the forum!
Unread 10-07-2010, 05:11 PM   #72
macman24
2008 MK Patriot 

My 2008 Jeep Hid problems

just got an hid kit installed on my jeep patriot. they work fine but while driving they start to flicker. i took it back to where i got it installed and they told me i needed warning canceller compactor. got that installed and nothing, still flickering.everthing is setup right. all grounds ok. all fueses ok. anybody can help me
macman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2010, 05:24 PM   #73
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I just merged a few threads. Maybe they will help in finding the problem. HID's are notorious for issues on the MK's with the TIPM system. GOOD LUCK!!

Unread 10-07-2010, 07:18 PM   #74
madrabbitt

Ugh, the TIPM is causing more issues then you would even believe.

Technology really sucks sometimes.

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2010, 07:40 PM   #75
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

No, I believe it. Nothing is simple any more.

Tags
compass , headlight , headlights , hid , patriot , problem

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.