Hi All, New member with a quick question. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Hi All, New member with a quick question.

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 11-30-2013, 04:03 AM   #1
Fubar1977
2009 MK Patriot 

Hi All, New member with a quick question.

Hi everyone, nice to be here, seems like a great forum!

Just bought our first Jeep, a 2009 Patriot S Limited 2.4 Manual, it`s supposedly for the wife but I think I will be "borrowing" it more than she thinks

We are based in the UK (North Yorkshire) so it should be interesting seeing how it handles our Winters, which can get pretty rough!
It`s totally standard at the moment until we decide if we will be doing "proper" off roading.

My question is about the Boston Audio system fitted to our Patriot, it has the 6 Disc in dash CD changer but, sadly, no AUX input for an iPod.
What is the best way to go about adding a basic AUX input without resorting to FM transmitters?

I have the GROM AUX-IN adapter in my Volvo V70, which mimics the 10Disc CD changer and works great, the Patriot is not listed on GROM`s UK website so any advice would be great.
I don`t mind ordering from the U.S. but would rather find a UK supplier if possible.

Thanks guys.

Fubar1977 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2013, 06:22 AM   #2
ddavidv
2008 MK Patriot 

I'd consider replacing the head unit with something else that has the features you want. Everything I looked at while trying to add a feature or two to ours wound up costing as much or more than a complete new unit (that will probably perform better). In the US, we typically buy from Crutchfield as they will provide all the mounting bits, instructions and good online support for the same price as just buying a unit from XYZ.
ddavidv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2013, 08:43 AM   #3
Fubar1977
2009 MK Patriot 

Thanks David, coming to the same conclusion myself.
Just using an FM transmitter at the moment but quality is not great, of course.

Shame the Boston Audio kit does away with the standard systems AUX port as it sounds pretty good otherwise.
I`ll have a look at Crutchfield, hope they ship international!
Unread 12-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #4
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

does the boston system include bluetooth? i have the uConnect 230 with bluetooth and it works awesome with my ipod.
aroundincircles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2013, 08:43 AM   #5
Fubar1977
2009 MK Patriot 

Hi
I`m pretty sure there`s no Bluetooth on ours.
Only had the car a few days and my wife`s been using it mostly.
I`m going to have a proper look at everything over the next couple of days.

There might be some difference in Spec between U.S. and European models, not sure though.

Can uConnect be added if not fitted or would I need to swap the entire head-unit?

Thanks.
Unread 12-03-2013, 10:28 AM   #6
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I "Think" it can be easily added on.

call the dealer, talk to the parts department, they should be able to give you a part # as well as price and install cost. Once you have that part number then I would search online. I've looked, but there are a couple of kits it could be, so I'm not going to guess. I don't have the boston audio system. I have the uConnect 230, which I really like. so I'm happily going to keep it.
aroundincircles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2013, 06:57 PM   #7
ivantate

Hi, I have just moved from yorkshire to the US, and looking at a patriot for my wife. Good to hear theres some enthusiasm for Jeeps still in the uk.
ivantate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.