Hey fellas, not a lot of talk on the forum lately so..... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Hey fellas, not a lot of talk on the forum lately so.....

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-15-2011, 06:51 AM   #1
armystrong68w
2008 MK Patriot 

Hey fellas, not a lot of talk on the forum lately so.....

because im bored, and there isnt a lot of chat on the forum i decided to #1 upgrdade my membership here on the forum! YAY and #2 to give the girlfriend my credit card and my 2008 VW jetta and go shopping (right now you are like wtf why do we care, right?)

Well i did this so i can jack up my 08 Riot and take some underneath pics as well as paint my pillow exhaust hanging out my a**!!! so ill post some before and after pics as well today!!!

Feel free to make some general discusion and comment about my riot and whatnot.

PS. just bought a 3 ton jack and jack stands last night, CANT WAIT TO TRY EM!!!

Have a great day Jeepsters!

armystrong68w is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2011, 07:28 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Thanks for supporting the Forum!

Sounds like you're in a "tool" buying mode too. I'm sure that you'll find the service jack and jack stands both time saving and life saving when you need them. Something else I've found even more handy for quick things is a set of car ramps. You don't need anything expensive. I have the good heavy "plastic/rubber" looking ones, they may be ABS plastic - not sure, but they've held up well over the last 20 years or so and they're light weight too.

I've no idea why some of the mufflers came black, mine did, and some are silver. Maybe the spec just calls out for a "protective coating". BBQ paint works well. Either way they still end up dirty.

and last...if the gf/wife ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2011, 09:52 AM   #3
armystrong68w
2008 MK Patriot 

Here are some before and after photos of the exhaust. I also upgraded the door speakers too, they are no 500watt kenwood 6x9s and they are a sh*t ton better then the stock (to bad i ran out of money to do the rear ones) I also had some left over waterproof LED strips and a remote control box, so i put them into my grill to give my jeep a one of a kind look but ill probably take them out. (ill add pics of that if you like)
photo-4.jpg   photo-3.jpg   photo-1.jpg   photo-2.jpg  
Unread 01-16-2011, 10:01 AM   #4
armystrong68w
2008 MK Patriot 

Door speaker replacement:
photo-11.jpg   photo-22.jpg   photo-33.jpg   photo-44.jpg  
Unread 01-16-2011, 12:31 PM   #5
OntarioPatriot
2008 MK Patriot 

Q

I keep meaning to paint my muffler black...not that it bothers me but I have this khaki (body) and black thing going and the rims and muffler are the only things that aren't black. Heck, I even replaced the stock antenna with a shorter, black rubber one.

At any rate, looks good!
OntarioPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2011, 12:38 PM   #6
cherokeekid58
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Man I should post some pics of my buddies patriot. Has a custom exhaust, custom baja bumper, lifted 2 1/4 inches. It looks nasty

So far it seems correlated to OCD and the need to look at one's poop."
cherokeekid58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2011, 01:29 PM   #7
armystrong68w
2008 MK Patriot 

OntarioPatriot- Thanks, yeah it was quick and easy as you could imagine. The only thing is that here in MA its like 18*F outside so i had to use heaters in my garage! But its definitely worth doing.

And cherokeekid58- Yeah im sure that looks sick, i defenitly want to see the pics because thats what i plan on doing!!
Unread 01-16-2011, 01:32 PM   #8
armystrong68w
2008 MK Patriot 

Gramps- I had a pair of metal ramps, but sold them when i moved. I Need taller jacks though!! those things were way to short, barely lifted her at all. Also i wasnt to sure where to actually place the jack stands??

also do you think the rubberized undercoating spray would stick under the wheel wells do deaden the sound? would it even work?
Unread 01-16-2011, 02:46 PM   #9
OntarioPatriot
2008 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by armystrong68w View Post
OntarioPatriot- Thanks, yeah it was quick and easy as you could imagine. The only thing is that here in MA its like 18*F outside so i had to use heaters in my garage! But its definitely worth doing.
Ha ha, it isn't much prettier up here in northern Canada. That's why I was going to wait until the spring to do it myself.
OntarioPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2011, 07:28 PM   #10
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by armystrong68w View Post
Gramps- I had a pair of metal ramps, but sold them when i moved. I Need taller jacks though!! those things were way to short, barely lifted her at all. Also i wasnt to sure where to actually place the jack stands??

also do you think the rubberized undercoating spray would stick under the wheel wells do deaden the sound? would it even work?
Under "lift Kit" in the Quick links: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/m...2/#post4772012

Make yourself some 2x4 or 4x4 solid boxes with a big foot print to set them on. I've looked for taller jack stands and they are kinda spendy and get just as wobbly.

The undercoating could help but I think matting under the inside panels would be better. Different tires help to.

Unread 01-17-2011, 06:16 PM   #11
armystrong68w
2008 MK Patriot 

Hm thats a good idea, Any idea on the placement of the jacks, as in where do i place them on the car, on the axel? i felt like that was not strong enough.
Unread 01-17-2011, 06:46 PM   #12
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

The lift points are in fig 1 at the link above. Position 1 is, of course, on a lift; position 2 is for jack stands. If I recall I positioned the jack just forward of the points indicated and put the jack stands as marked. I also tend to use a 2x4 between the jack and the lifting point to distribute the weight and not crinkle any metal.

Unread 01-17-2011, 07:22 PM   #13
armystrong68w
2008 MK Patriot 

I actualy have read that thread before, but very informative again none the less! One question though, that lift kit is a spacer kit right? not new springs and shocks (are they even made for the Riot)? Wouldnt it be better to have larger springs and shocks rather then modifying the OEM parts? Just wondering, i believe there was another thread that talked about this but i wasnt quite sure.
Unread 01-17-2011, 10:34 PM   #14
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Yup, this kit is just spacers. The Aussie kit involves changing the springs for which you would need a spring compressor to install the kit and more $'s. I hear that the ride is better with the Aussie kit but I don't think the RRO kit rides bad at all.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/s...pplier-990277/

Unread 01-18-2011, 06:07 AM   #15
TheHeilis
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I like my RRO spacer lift and it has worked fine for me now with 40,000+ miles on the Patriot. There are pictures of my Patriot with the lift and the RRO rock sliders on it too in the quick links section under northwoods jeep jamboree.
White Jeep Club Member #117
TheHeilis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
exhaust , kit , lift , photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.