Hesitation at 2000 rpm when I accelerate too fast - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Hesitation at 2000 rpm when I accelerate too fast

Advance Adapters SYE KitsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 01-28-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
TopangaPat
2008 MK Patriot 

Hesitation at 2000 rpm when I accelerate too fast

I have a 2008 Patriot with 62k miles on it. I've been noticing that around 2000 rpm that it will hesitate when accelerating. I recently put in new spark plugs and unplugged the battery for an hour which seemed to make a slight improvement. At any rate I the hesitation occurs when you are in neutral and you hit the gas too fast.

I've looked at a lot of threads that mention hesitation around 2k rpm but nothing where it does this in neutral and simply pressing the gas too fast. I guess I'm leaning towards a bad sensor.

TopangaPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2012, 07:23 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

My first thought was why are you trying to accelerate in neutral and then thought maybe you have the 5 speed and are trying to get it going. Is that the case?

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2012, 08:53 AM   #3
TopangaPat
2008 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
My first thought was why are you trying to accelerate in neutral and then thought maybe you have the 5 speed and are trying to get it going. Is that the case?
I guess I should mention that I first noticed this hesitation while driving and later realized that it happens when giving it gas in neutral.
Unread 01-29-2012, 12:21 PM   #4
TopangaPat
2008 MK Patriot 

anywho.. the advice I'm getting elsewhere is that it might be the PCV
Unread 02-10-2012, 07:37 AM   #5
TopangaPat
2008 MK Patriot 

I've tried putting in fuel injection cleaner and it seems the problem has improved but still happen intermittantly
Unread 02-10-2012, 08:01 AM   #6
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I could still be the PVC but I also have heard that the intake could get carboned up and needs cleaning. If the 'mechanic in a can' doesn't help it will need to be removed manually requiring disassembly of the intake and chipping away the carbon. Try another can of cleaner and the PVC first.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.