Help with running Sirius extension cable - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Help with running Sirius extension cable

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 07-16-2009, 12:04 PM   #1
Huzzah

Help with running Sirius extension cable

Hello, I'm about to upgrade my 2007 Jeep Compass from the factory installed REC stereo to a MyGig. I need to install a new cable from the Sirius antenna as the connectors are different. Can anybody tell me how to do this?

I'm assuming that the Sirius tuner is built into my stereo so the cable goes directly from the antenna to the stereo? If this is the case I suppose I need to get access above the headliner? I found two plastic connectors near the back of the headliner, do I have to remove them?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

Huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2009, 05:52 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

The satellite Receiver in mounted in front of the spare tire. (Fig 1).

The satellite radio antenna is secured by adhesive foam and retainers which protrude through a hole in the roof panel. Two wires from the antenna are connected to the body harness above the headliner.

The satellite radio antenna receives signals from orbiting satellites and sends these signals to the satellite receiver module. The satellite radio antenna must have open space in which to operate. Items carried on the roof, parking inside etc. can have an effect on the antenna's ability to receive signals.

INSTALLATION

(disconnect battery)
1. If original antenna is being reinstalled, remove backing from patch adhesive (2) and apply to antenna base (1).
2. Remove backing from the adhesive on the antenna.
3. Insert wire harness through hole in roof panel. Press antenna into position until both retainers snap into place.
4. Connect wire harness connectors to antenna.
5. Install headliner
6. Connect battery negative cable.

I know nothing about the Mygig. maybe someone else can fill you in.
satellite-receiver.jpg   satellite-antenna.jpg  

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2009, 07:14 PM   #3
Huzzah

Awesome, thanks! I actually just got in from installing the MyGig, including routing the Sirius cable. It was a little bit of a pain but it's all done!!

Thanks again,
Steve
Huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.