Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Help with running Sirius extension cable

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Huzzah 
#1 ·
Hello, I'm about to upgrade my 2007 Jeep Compass from the factory installed REC stereo to a MyGig. I need to install a new cable from the Sirius antenna as the connectors are different. Can anybody tell me how to do this?

I'm assuming that the Sirius tuner is built into my stereo so the cable goes directly from the antenna to the stereo? If this is the case I suppose I need to get access above the headliner? I found two plastic connectors near the back of the headliner, do I have to remove them?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

#2 ·
The satellite Receiver in mounted in front of the spare tire. (Fig 1).

The satellite radio antenna is secured by adhesive foam and retainers which protrude through a hole in the roof panel. Two wires from the antenna are connected to the body harness above the headliner.

The satellite radio antenna receives signals from orbiting satellites and sends these signals to the satellite receiver module. The satellite radio antenna must have open space in which to operate. Items carried on the roof, parking inside etc. can have an effect on the antenna's ability to receive signals.

INSTALLATION

(disconnect battery)
1. If original antenna is being reinstalled, remove backing from patch adhesive (2) and apply to antenna base (1).
2. Remove backing from the adhesive on the antenna.
3. Insert wire harness through hole in roof panel. Press antenna into position until both retainers snap into place.
4. Connect wire harness connectors to antenna.
5. Install headliner
6. Connect battery negative cable.

I know nothing about the Mygig. maybe someone else can fill you in.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.