Help Please. Problem with patriot. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Help Please. Problem with patriot.

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 10-02-2012, 11:21 PM   #1
Hadfield

Help Please. Problem with patriot.

I have a new 2012 patriot with 370 miles on it. the other day while driving home I had the ABS, Traction control, and Parking brake light come on. since then sometimes the lights will come on randomly and then go back off.

I took it to the dealer and they told me that it is a bad abs module and they would have to replace it but the part is backordered. all the research I have done has got me nowhere. Has anyone else had this problem?

I use this vehicle for the fire department and it has me worried. seems with 370 miles on this vehicle I shouldnt have these problems. is the dealer correct or is it something else?

Thanks all!

Hadfield is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2012, 11:27 PM   #2
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

A bad or disconnected wheel speed sensor. Others have had this too, and i had a grand am that did it. Both ABS and Traction Control systems use the wheel speed sensors to monitor slippage. The car probably thinks one wheel is locked up or spinning when it isn't. If the dealer provided ABS module doesn't fix it, one of the wheel speed sensors will.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2012, 12:06 AM   #3
Hadfield

thank you for the fast response! I told them when I took it in that i believed it was the wheel speed sensors and they insisted that it was the abs module stating that "this is their job".. i cant wait for that statement to blow up in their face. I contacted jeep corp. headquarters and told them that I am extremely upset that im already having issues.
Hadfield is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2012, 12:19 AM   #4
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Well they do say that most new car failures will appear in the first few hundred miles. Hopefully this is the only one. I've never looked at the jeep sensors but you should stick your head under there and see if one is unplugged.
Unread 10-03-2012, 06:36 PM   #5
jasonwe
2012 MK Compass 

+1 for what Fujative said. During the purchase of my wife's 2012, the salesman warned us that "You'll have it into the dealership more during the first few thousand miles than the rest of the vehicle's life." So far we've only had to take it in once for a squeak coming from the front, driver's side dash near the windshield, and that turned out to be the infamous wiper cowl. They fixed that free of charge, and haven't had another issue yet. Just shy of 2400 miles now.
[I]4.7L V8, 545RFE, Big Horn Edition[/I]
jasonwe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2012, 03:58 PM   #6
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

I had to replace an interior door panel after 3 weeks when i got mine. It had an air bubble that ballooned up when hot or high altitude.
Unread 10-05-2012, 10:17 AM   #7
JeepCares

Hadfield-
After you get it done, let us know if the dealer repair works.
If an Anti-Lock Brake Module's microprocessors aren't operating correctly - that would be one reason to replace the module.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.