help please - Hand Brake Adjustment
I have a 2-4 Petrol Jeep patriot and am unsure How to adjust the handbrake .
NOTE: If you have removed the equalizer then do the following too
CAUTION: A NEW parking brake cable equalizer (2) must be installed when servicing the parking brake cables or lever. The equalizer has an integrated bent nail tensioner that needs to be stretched upon installation placing the correct tension on the cables.
1. Remove and install a NEW parking brake cable equalizer (2) on the parking brake lever output cable.
2. Install the rear parking brake cables (3) into the equalizer (2) on the parking brake lever output cable.
3. Ensure that the parking brake cables are correctly installed on the equalizer and aligned with the cable track on the parking brake lever.
If not then adjust the Parking Brake as follows:
Raise the vehicle, remove the floor center console, block from the tires and wheel assemblies, and disconnect the battery negative cable to its post on the battery.
NOTE: Actuating the parking brake lever to its fully applied position one time after tightening the adjustment nut will yield (stretch) the bent nail portion of the equalizer approximately 6 mm (1/4 inch). This process will correctly set the parking brake cable tension.
1. Adjust parking brake cable tension using the following steps:
a. Place the parking brake lever in the fully released (down) position.
b. Tighten the adjusting nut (3) on the parking brake lever output cable until 31 millimeters (1.220 inches) of thread is out past the end of the adjustment nut (1).
c. Actuate the parking brake lever to its fully applied position one time, then reposition it to its fully released (down) position.
2. Raise the vehicle to a point where the rear wheels just clear the floor.
2. Check the rear wheels of the vehicle; they should rotate freely without dragging.
4. Apply the parking brake. Check the rear wheels of the vehicle. They should not rotate.
5. Return the parking brake lever to its fully released (down) position and check the rear wheels. They should rotate freely without dragging.
6. Apply the parking brake.
Lower the vehicle, install the floor center console, remove the blocks from the tires and wheel assemblies and reconnect the battery negative cable to its post on the battery.
|The time now is 03:13 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.