Help - New to the jeep world!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Help - New to the jeep world!!!

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 11-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #1
mweyand619
2007 MK Compass 

Help - New to the jeep world!!!

Whats up guys and girls my name is Mike and I have just purchased a 2007 Jeep Compass with about 45,000 Miles on it. I have only owned this car for a bout a week and I am in total love with it. I will most likely never buy another non-Jeep car again.

The problem with car I do have is this. The previous owner clearly didn't drive this car off road. They installed thin tires with nice rims which gives the car a nice look but at the cost of an incredibly bumpy ride. I however would like to use this car for light off-roading with my friends. Not climbing a mountain or anything too extreme but like water, mud, snow,etc.

So after hearing my story I was hoping that some of you might be able to recommend parts that will make this vehicle more off-road. Parts like a: Lift Kits, Off-Road tires and some lighting if possible.

Thanks in advance for the help and if you can restrain your please no comments like just buy a better jeep I didn't buy it cause i couldn't afford to

mweyand619 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2012, 12:19 PM   #2
Sandhara
1999 TJ Wrangler 

The down side to the Mk is there is no where near the after market support for them compaired to wranglers. I am only aware of 2 lift kits aviable at this time 1) the Rocky Road suspension http://www.rocky-road.com/patriotsus.html from what i have read this kit can have some issues with alignments but to be honest I have not looked into it much. The other kit aviable is "STU's Coils", http://www.rocky-road.com/patriotsus.html It says its for patriots but the compas and patriot of that year range have (as far as i know) the same suspension, according to what to what i have read is the best way to lift a Mk but its also more expensive.

Other than that you could put smaller rims (u didnt say what size yours currently are) with a little larger tire, that usually helps soften the ride some.

Im sorry, some times i drink and post stupid comments.
Sandhara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2012, 12:44 PM   #3
mweyand619
2007 MK Compass 

Thanks for the suggestion I don't know if this changes anything but i forgot to mention that it is the Rallye
mweyand619 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #4
miketmx
2008 MK Patriot 

You will find that 16" wheels offer a lot more options for off/road AT type tires than 17" wheels.
miketmx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.