Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Help - New to the jeep world!!!

912 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  miketmx 
#1 ·
Whats up guys and girls my name is Mike and I have just purchased a 2007 Jeep Compass with about 45,000 Miles on it. I have only owned this car for a bout a week and I am in total love with it. I will most likely never buy another non-Jeep car again.

The problem with car I do have is this. The previous owner clearly didn't drive this car off road. They installed thin tires with nice rims which gives the car a nice look but at the cost of an incredibly bumpy ride. I however would like to use this car for light off-roading with my friends. Not climbing a mountain or anything too extreme but like water, mud, snow,etc.

So after hearing my story I was hoping that some of you might be able to recommend parts that will make this vehicle more off-road. Parts like a: Lift Kits, Off-Road tires and some lighting if possible.

Thanks in advance for the help and if you can restrain your please no comments like just buy a better jeep :p I didn't buy it cause i couldn't afford to

#2 ·
The down side to the Mk is there is no where near the after market support for them compaired to wranglers. I am only aware of 2 lift kits aviable at this time 1) the Rocky Road suspension http://www.rocky-road.com/patriotsus.html from what i have read this kit can have some issues with alignments but to be honest I have not looked into it much. The other kit aviable is "STU's Coils", http://www.rocky-road.com/patriotsus.html It says its for patriots but the compas and patriot of that year range have (as far as i know) the same suspension, according to what to what i have read is the best way to lift a Mk but its also more expensive.

Other than that you could put smaller rims (u didnt say what size yours currently are) with a little larger tire, that usually helps soften the ride some.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.