HELP...in need of a TIPM - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > HELP...in need of a TIPM

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 10-28-2011, 06:18 PM   #1
clf919

HELP...in need of a TIPM

My drivers side headlight is out, we replaced with a new bulb, still didnt work....

took it to the dealer, they ran a 1.5 hour diagnositc on it and said I need a new TIPM- Totally Integrated Power Module.......the part alone cost $752.00! so with todays labor and the labor for when they instal the TIPM, plus due for inspection......its going to be close to $1200.00 when its all done and over with.....SERIOUSLY....we just bought the car in APRIL.....UGH...

so Im trying to find one cheaper and hope that the dealer will put this one in....I can hardly find anything online regarding the TIPM, and what I have found is that the dealer is the one that needs to put it in, and that they will not be able to use a rebuilt one.....I dont know, this just makes me sick to my stomach!

clf919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2011, 11:00 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

This is the one for 2007 and the later years may or may not be different, Caliber, Compass and Patriot are all the same. http://www.google.com/#q=68028007AB&...w=1672&bih=753

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2011, 08:03 PM   #3
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

A $1,200 headlight!!! If you bought it in April shouldn't a warranty cover it? Or was it used?

Also isn't a diagnostic a matter of hooking a computer up and getting codes? Shpuld be like a charge of :15 IMO.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2011, 08:34 PM   #4
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Getting the code will lead you a group of diagnostic proceedures in the FSM that uses more basic (VOM) tools to pin point the problem.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2011, 07:57 AM   #5
clf919

thank you so much everyone........I am going to call the dealer tomorrow and see if they will install one that I purchase on my own.......
clf919 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.