Help me find me a Drivers side Tail Light? Anyone have one? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Help me find me a Drivers side Tail Light? Anyone have one?

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-23-2012, 10:39 AM   #1
mtnmedic10
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Help me find me a Drivers side Tail Light? Anyone have one?

I'm looking for a 2012 Jeep Compass latitude "Altitude" edition tail light that isn't 350$ from the jeep dealer, I can do the work myself just can't find a drive side taillight assembly. Anyone want to take a quick look and see if you get anything different or have a wrecked compass as doubtful as that sounds seeings they are still new that i can buy it off of you. Ty

mtnmedic10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
Maxxram
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Don't know if it helps you or not but i don't believe the Altitude editions have different taillights then all the others. I believe the tails are the same no matter what package. I know the tails on my 2012 compass altitude are the same as the sport model that was on the lot.
Maxxram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 04:11 PM   #3
ddavidv
2008 MK Patriot 

Do you mean Latitude? I don't see a Altitude in my database. List price on a Latitude taillamp assy is $297. Perhaps the dealer is marking up the list price? You may want to shop around. 2011-2013 are all the same fitment. There are some used ones on www.car-part.com for $100-$150.
ddavidv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 05:19 PM   #4
mtnmedic10
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Since the 2012 Compass is identical to the cherokee except smaller what does everyone thing about making a match?
Unread 07-23-2012, 05:36 PM   #5
mtnmedic10
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmedic10 View Post
Since the 2012 Compass is identical to the cherokee except smaller what does everyone thing about making a match?
nvm wouldn't work, i couldn't even make it work, can usually fab a couple of things up but not that
Unread 07-24-2012, 08:58 AM   #6
jacko15
2014 WK 

Check this link, might help: http://www.nextag.com/tail-light-jee...ss/stores-html

Good luck!
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2012, 01:45 PM   #7
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmedic10 View Post
I'm looking for a 2012 Jeep Compass latitude "Altitude" edition tail light that isn't 350$ from the jeep dealer, I can do the work myself just can't find a drive side taillight assembly. Anyone want to take a quick look and see if you get anything different or have a wrecked compass as doubtful as that sounds seeings they are still new that i can buy it off of you. Ty
The tail lights should all be the same regardless of what trim level you have. Try E-Bay. Lots of tiems they have very good deals on lights and lenses. I am pretty sure that 2011 is the same lamp as well.

According to Jeep these are the only differences on the Altitude vs a standard Latitude...

Includes everything on Latitude, Plus:
Black gloss grille surround
Gloss Black headlamp bezel
Gloss Black roof rails
Gloss Black step pad
18" Gloss Black wheels
Power heated mirrors
Active Drive I
NHPATRIOT is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.