Help, 2009 compass wont start :( - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Help, 2009 compass wont start :(

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 10-07-2014, 10:14 AM   #1
steve10101

Help, 2009 compass wont start :(

Hello im new to the forums but what brought me here is a big issue for me.
Im not the most mechanicaly inclined but i can do repairs myself and this issue ive been having i cant seem to fix:

Last friday the car was working fine all day, let it sit for an hour or two and then went to start but nothing happened.
All lights are on in the car, gauges are reading fine, front headlights have no dimming, radio stations are saved, eveyrthing works great except it wont turn over. Theres no clicking sounds, you can hear the fuel pump engage too.
Ive had the battery tested and shes good to go.
All the fuses in the box in the engine bay are good.

We got it working last friday by messing around with the fuse area taking each one out and back in, and by some miracle it turned over just fine. but now tuesday morning theres nothing doing the same thing.

Ive tried to do the same process we did earlier but it did nothing.

2009 Jeep Compass North edition 4x4.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide, id like to avoid the shops ( no warranty) as its 139.00 just to look at it out here in Calgary.

steve10101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2014, 11:13 AM   #2
JKNanook
2010 JK Wrangler 

Check the voltage at the starter to make sure you are getting good voltage to there.
JKNanook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2014, 11:25 AM   #3
steve10101

i dont have access to any tools anymore for voltage.

I called the dealership again and a tech mentioned it sounds like the security is locking me out when trying to start it, i only have 1 key so i cant try another.
The other day when we got it working, we did take out all the fuses and he did some thing with reseting in the drivers seat. does this sound like it could be it?
Unread 10-07-2014, 11:49 AM   #4
steve10101

I have an update:

I got it working, for now, I only took out the fuses with 10 on them, i dont have my owners manual or anything to find out which fuse it is for but one of them did it and the jeep started again.

I hope someone knows what this could be.

At least i know how to get it started for now.
Unread 10-09-2014, 09:56 AM   #5
Hondatrix

Maybe the key security system?
Hondatrix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2014, 07:46 AM   #6
sasssam
2011 MK Patriot 

When ours did that it was a faulty TIPM which is located below or beside the fuse box. Ours would only start if my 30 amp battery charger was on it. The dealer thought I was crazy until it happened to him. $800 later and it was cranking again. This happened on our 2009 Pat. Sounds like yours is corrosion or something is loose.
sasssam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.