Heated side mirrors? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Heated side mirrors?

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 07-02-2007, 09:25 AM   #16
danbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykotherapy
On the window sticker it says heated side mirrors, yet I can find nothing in the owners manual about them, and there is nothing that I can find that turns them on.

You probably do not actually have them. A friend of mine had gotten the Patriot and the window sticker claimed to have them, but it was a misprint. The dealer gave my friend a couple hundred dollars to use for Jeep equipment to compensate for the error. Usually heated mirrors have an etching in one of the corners of the mirror that looks like the symbol on the rear defroster button. If you do not see that symbol, then I really do not think you have them, sorry!

danbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2007, 11:19 AM   #17
belezeeubub
2007 MK Patriot 

Heated Mirrors are not hard to install on my OLD OLD Jimmy (Full sized not that tinker-toy they call a Jimmy now) I purchased two rear defroster kits from GI-Joes about 20 bucks each and just cut them down and installed them to the BACK side of the mirror glass.
belezeeubub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2007, 12:13 PM   #18
lovemypatriot

I purchased a Patriot limited back in March and we are still fighting with D/C about the heated mirrors. They told me that if I can get a written estimate to have heated mirrors installed they would reimburse me the full cost. Anyone know where I can get an estimate for heated mirrors to be installed?
lovemypatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2007, 03:40 PM   #19
ian nexus
1996 XJ Cherokee 

The UK spec Compass has heated mirrors (and a little logo in the corner of the mirror) I noticed this while my wife was looking at one.
BTW our Compass is only available in Limited trim level.

Ian
ian nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2007, 04:13 AM   #20
mca1977jpsnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
Compass (MK49)US LHD Patriot(MK74) power heated mirrors, fold-away:
US (out of stock at distributor):
Right - 5115 046AA
Left - 5115 047AA
Europe (availability unknown)
Right - 5115 294AC p#5115294AE EXPORT Part RHD
Left - 5115 795AC (data entry error? sb 5115 295 possibly) p# 5115795AE EXPORT Part RHD
Patriot (MK74) power heated mirrors, fold-away, LHD:
Right - 5155 462AB p# 5155462AD EXPORT Part LHD
Left - 5155 463AB p#5155463AD EXPORT Part LHD

QUOTE=danbo] Usually heated mirrors have an etching in one of the corners of the mirror that looks like the symbol on the rear defroster button. If you do not see that symbol, then I really do not think you have them, sorry![/QUOTE]

I concure danbo. Also, Check your sales code "GTS". is Electric and heated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemypatriot
I purchased a Patriot limited back in March and we are still fighting with D/C about the heated mirrors. They told me that if I can get a written estimate to have heated mirrors installed they would reimburse me the full cost. Anyone know where I can get an estimate for heated mirrors to be installed?
I show the same electrical connector for Either Powered and Heated mirrors.
p# 5115046AC MSRP $103.00 Labor 1.0 - 1.5 hrs
p# 5115047AC MSRP $103.00 Labor 1.0 - 1.5 hrs
Labor rates vary from dealer to dealer.
mca1977jpsnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.