Headrests - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Headrests

2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black Sun Shade (Rugged Ridge)2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Smoked Style Hood Air DeflectorIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-26-2006, 07:50 PM   #1
SpeedRhysr

Headrests

I have a limited and I can't stand the headrests for the driver and front passenger. I perfer the full style like the ones in the back. I'm not very tall and they just don't sit right on my head. Does anyone know if you can buy different headrests for the front. ?

SpeedRhysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2006, 07:55 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I haven't seen anything on those. You might just check out an upholstery shop, shouldn't be too spendy.
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2006, 08:40 PM   #3
TimeTraveler
2014 JK Wrangler 

That's interesting, could you describe what the problem is? In Europe the rear headrests are the same as the front ones... I was hoping for this on my Compass.

Are they just uncomfortable?

The only alternative is to take it to a custom house to reupholster.

GEO
TimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2006, 03:46 AM   #4
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Headrests

My Mother-in-Law likes them, she uses them as an assist handle for getting in and out. She's 85.

Geo,

In Europe are the fronts solid or open? If solid, maybe SpeedRysher can get them from the dealer.
img_0015e.jpg  

Last edited by Gramps; 10-27-2006 at 05:32 AM..
Unread 10-27-2006, 08:11 AM   #5
Kev M
2012 WK 

Who uses the headrests while driving?

Maybe you could get a set of headrests from another vehicle with the same mounts.
Kev M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2006, 12:55 PM   #6
TimeTraveler
2014 JK Wrangler 

The European ones are just like the fronts on the NA models, but they also have the rear middle passenger one. I'll see someday what Canadian models will offer.

Kev, as far as I know, "headrests" sounds like something to sleep on while driving. My understanding is they are intended to stop your neck from snapping from a front or rear end collision.

I have a picture on file, but not able to post it yet.. The same as the front "hollow" on the two rear seats, and a small solid on in the middle.

GEO
Unread 10-27-2006, 01:28 PM   #7
phil8400

My thoughts are that they are hollow in the front to reduce the blind spottiness of big headrests.

I don’t know if it really works ‘cause I’ve never actually tried to look through it. Maybe I did and didn’t notice…which could mean that it succeeds in doing what it was designed to.

Just a guess.
phil8400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2006, 01:36 PM   #8
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil8400
My thoughts are that they are hollow in the front to reduce the blind spottiness of big headrests.

I don’t know if it really works ‘cause I’ve never actually tried to look through it. Maybe I did and didn’t notice…which could mean that it succeeds in doing what it was designed to.

Just a guess.
I was taking notes on that this morning. The front hollow ones don't really make for much of a blind spot because you're looking sideways at the passenger side. Without anybody in the rear seats you could gain a little bit of visibility if they where hollow like the fronts. Not much, but a little bit, and the solid ones still don't block directly behind you.
Unread 10-27-2006, 03:39 PM   #9
TimeTraveler
2014 JK Wrangler 

The original Quote:

Quote:
I have a limited and I can't stand the headrests for the driver and front passenger. I perfer the full style like the ones in the back. I'm not very tall and they just don't sit right on my head. Does anyone know if you can buy different headrests for the front. ?
I was wondering what others think of the headrests, are they comfortable, uncomfortable, in the way, OK, etc...

GEO
Unread 10-27-2006, 04:18 PM   #10
Melanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeTraveler
The European ones are just like the fronts on the NA models, but they also have the rear middle passenger one. I'll see someday what Canadian models will offer.
The headrests on the Canadian models are the same as the picture Gramps posted. No middle rear headrest.

Mel
2007 Compass North[/FONT][/I][/SIZE]
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2006, 05:22 PM   #11
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Head restraints: as long as they prevent whiplash, don't create blind spots and blend with the interior I think that they are fine just as they are. To me, they are a non issue, maybe more important to others.

Last edited by Gramps; 10-28-2006 at 07:36 AM..
Unread 10-28-2006, 05:23 AM   #12
brandoncrone
1996 ZJ 

I don't see why you couldn't order the other headrests from Chrysler, Im sure you could even get them in the same color.
brandoncrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2006, 10:16 AM   #13
blake0

For me the headsets aren't comfortable but I don’t really use them so that don't bothers me.
blake0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2006, 08:03 PM   #14
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

i dont have a poblem with them at all... but i wonder what drivers out there are sitting funny having their heads resting on the "head rest". i have driven all over the us (in the military) and the only time i see people doin that is when they are sleepin in a rest stop or sleeping while driving.
Coasty161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2006, 08:06 AM   #15
turnsix

What I noticed about the headrest is it's angle. It seems tilted too far forward and I couldn't adjust it. I didn't find it uncomfortable. Just noticed it when I lifted my head to check out the headliner material.
turnsix is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.