Headlite auto off? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Headlite auto off?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 01-12-2009, 08:35 AM   #1
estropes
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Headlite auto off?

My wife drives a 2008 patriot. Do the headlights turn off automatically? Every time she gets out the jeep dings until she turns her lights off.

She used to drive a Hyundai and they had automatic lights and that's the only complaint my wife has with the Patriot.

I haven't driven it yet so I haven't played around with it. I just find it hard to believe it doesn't have automatic light especially since when you lock it or unlock it the lights come on.

Thanks for any insight.

estropes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 12:01 PM   #2
howdy246
2008 MK Compass 

on my 2008 compass you have to turn the lights off but on the 2004 ford its automatic.
howdy246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 03:14 PM   #3
jacko15
2014 WK 

I don't believe automatic headlights are available on Patriot or Compass.
jacko15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 04:14 PM   #4
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Only the Auto ON in drive with the daytime driving lights. No auto off, we get the "dinger" instead.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2009, 08:42 AM   #5
Jawa78
2008 MK Compass 

I will be nice but is it really such a big deal assuming she is not doing something stupid like using a cellphone while driving, her left hand should be right next to the headlight controls. Takes less then a second to turn them off.

I notice on all the family cars ( as I only owned jeeps ) that the ones with automatic headlights usually have the headlight controls out place. As example my brothers 2000 town car has the switch to the left of the instrament panel making anyone remove there hand a good foot away from the steering wheel to turn on the lights, solution give it auto headlights that turn on and off by them selves. Silimar to a Honda and a volvo that was own by other family members.

I do think my 99 Limited WJ had auto position on its switch but I think i ever really used it. as it too easy to turn the lights on an off.
Jawa78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.