Having Problems with Tires Sensors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Having Problems with Tires Sensors

Bilstein Blowout Sale - 4 5100 Series Shocks $309.99 shippSALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 05-18-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
Miracleg85

Having Problems with Tires Sensors

Hi am new to the forum i have a 2011 Jeep Patriot 4X2

Its my 7time going to the dealership cause my warning light for the tires come on and all 4 tires are flashing. They replaced the module and the sensors but it keeps coming on after a couple of days....i believe they dont know what the heck is going on and its fustrating for me to be going back every week or other week..

any advise or someone else had the same issue, that they finally got resolved?

Thank you

Miracleg85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012, 07:17 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I changed tires and wheels and mine have failed to learn the new aftermarket sensors that I installed after several months. If the computer doesn't learn the new codes automatically then you should have the folloing performed.

The following can be performed by your dealer or a service shop with the correct tools.
Perform one of the following to make the system learn the new sensor ID.
a. Use the TPM-RKE Analyzer, Special Tool 9936, with the Scan Tool to program the WCM/SKREEM with the tire pressure sensor ID. This is part of the TPM Diagnostic Verification Test.
b. Once the vehicle has remained stationary for more than 20 minutes, drive vehicle for a minimum of 10 minutes while maintaining a continuous speed above 15 mph (24 km/h). During this time, the system will learn the new sensor ID. This is part of the TPM Diagnostic Verification Test.
NOTE: If a sensor cannot be trained, refer to appropriate diagnostic information.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #3
fishgutz
2010 MK Patriot 

I ordered new wheels and tires with new TPMS, mounted balanced ans shipped to my house. I simply took off the OE wheels and put on the new set. The system immediately reset to the new TMPS modules.
BTW, I still have the original complete wheel/tire/TPMS set sitting in my garage. Nobody seems to want them in my area.

I went with a nice 17" black 5 spoke wheel and Michelin Hydroedge 215/60/R17. It is within a half inch of the 205/70/16 stock tire.
fishgutz is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.