Has anyone installed the Rallye body kit? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Has anyone installed the Rallye body kit?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 08-03-2009, 09:09 AM   #1
shmup-o
2009 MK Compass 

Has anyone installed the Rallye body kit?

I picked up a Compass in the mad "Cash for Clunkers" rush and really like the looks of the Rallye body kit. Closely looking at photos, it appears the body kit will go on with no modifications neccessary.

I was just curious if anyone else has purchased the body kit and installed it/had it installed after the fact. Any pointers or tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

shmup-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2009, 09:26 AM   #2
Knightfallzx2
2008 MK Compass 

Not speaking from experience, but I really don't think you'd have to do any mods. It should be a direct swap. The most effort maybe in removing the fog lights, but I can't see it being that hard.
Read my Blog on Jeepspace
Knightfallzx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2009, 12:37 PM   #3
shmup-o
2009 MK Compass 

That's what I figured, I just wanted to have someone confirm for me. I was scoping out the front bumper last night and it looks like it should come off very easily. I'm hoping/assuming that the side pieces and back bumper are the same way.
Unread 08-03-2009, 04:02 PM   #4
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Some of the places that sell the kits also let you down load the instructions. Sorry that I can't point you to which ones though.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2009, 07:11 PM   #5
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I found the instructions Here. Download in pdf.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 12:04 PM   #6
shmup-o
2009 MK Compass 

Ahhh, ok. It's just an add on to the standard bumpers. I thought it was just a big replacement piece. That is much more involved than what I was thinking...

Hmmm...
Unread 08-29-2009, 09:09 PM   #7
snood
2007 MK Compass 

front bumper stays on but needs to be removed to me cut and the rallye bumper is a overlay
Unread 08-30-2009, 07:17 AM   #8
shmup-o
2009 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettolt View Post
front bumper stays on but needs to be removed to me cut and the rallye bumper is a overlay
I just took a look at the instructions again and both bumpers are overlays. For the side, it looks like the old black pieces come off and the side trim replaces it.

I've talked it over with a friend and also saw pictures of a lower trim piece for a Honda Pilot that my wife wanted that is essentially the same thing (where you remove pieces of the original bumper and overlay the new piece on top of the old). The cutting isn't too bad, you'd have to *really* screw up to mess it all up.

I may not do this until next summer and see if the funds are easier to get. Also, I may need to spruce up the old Pilot first! My other line of thinking is trying to pick up a kit when the Compass is canceled - it sure sounds like the MK line is going to die .

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.