Has anyone else had a bad clutch? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Has anyone else had a bad clutch?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 02-27-2009, 04:39 PM   #1
fortuneer

2007 MK Compass 

Has anyone else had a bad clutch?

Hey, fellow Jeep fans. My '07 Compass has been at my dealer for over three weeks just for a clutch!!! Has any other Compass/Patriot 5-speed owners had their hydrolic actuator go out? At only 16,000 miles (not many ops to travel far from home) the actuator blew out after several hic-ups including one that actually engaged my starter-leading to starter burnout! After waiting two weeks to get the parts, my dealer discovered that somehow the second gear sycronizer (spelling?) got screwed up. I've been without my beloved "Fortuneer" going on a MONTH! They've replaced the starter, clutch and now are tearing down my tranny! If any one else experiences this problem BE WARNED! the repairs may be extensive and very time consuming due to a lack of available parts at Florida distributors.

Black '07 Compass Sport 5-speed 4X4 ("Fortuneer"), K&N filter, cat-back exhaust; RR lift, sunroof, trailer tow group, Boston Acoustic audio, sport bars, rear taillight guards, more to come... Finally got it back from the wife so I can let my Neon R/T rest for a rebuild.
fortuneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2009, 05:17 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Just this one http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/compass-clutch-help-635252/ so far on the hydralics and one clutch got burned out in the sand.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2009, 12:44 PM   #3
tazman900
2008 MK Patriot 

If I remember correctly there was a prob with the Sychronizer for 2-3rd gear taht a TSB came out for awhile back. Can't find the thread right now but you may want to do a search.
tazman900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2009, 10:53 AM   #4
fortuneer

2007 MK Compass 

I heard about the TSB after the fact! Teach me not to stay on top of latest Mopar news !!! The tranny problem does happen to be with the second gear syncronizer. Thanx for your responses. Hope this is the last major repair I have to deal with for a VERY long time.

Black '07 Compass Sport 5-speed 4X4 ("Fortuneer"), K&N filter, cat-back exhaust; RR lift, sunroof, trailer tow group, Boston Acoustic audio, sport bars, rear taillight guards, more to come... Finally got it back from the wife so I can let my Neon R/T rest for a rebuild.
fortuneer is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.