H.I.D Light issue - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > H.I.D Light issue

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-24-2012, 09:15 PM   #16
Photolithic

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Jeep View Post
Some people over at the ZJ side are starting to do HID projector retrofits because our ZJ's stock housing suck arse. I am planing on doing one of those swaps because I can't see anything in that Jeep. My Patriot with silver stars is quite impressive beating out my dads Merc GL with projectors.
I tell ya what I would do. Find a BMW or Merc junk yard, find a car with HID projectors and take the whole system out. I don't know how you attach them afterwards but I have seen several projector lenses burried behind stock housings. The clear, non focusing, glass housings I mean. But...pretty sure they didn't have auto leveling...which still presents a problem to other drivers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think all cars in Europe, with HID systems must have auto leveling, for good reason... I dunno, do we have an official jeep Forman engineer on duty tonight?

Photolithic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 07:27 AM   #17
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

The MK's have self leveling in the EU but I don't think they are HID. I could be wrong . I do just fine with the Silver Stars and can't see going to the trouble, expense and headaches of installing HID's but then I'm not as young as I used to be either. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I would rather run some auxiliary HID driving lights on separate relays that don't involve the TIPM.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #18
jen28jen07

hids not working 2012 jeep patriot

I had a question? which brand did you end up going with? I am having the same issues and i believe my bulbs are sylvannia as well with the separate hi/low beams. I have gone through different bulbs and ballast with my warranty but they still flicker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srtdodge05 View Post
Problem fixed for the flicker in the lights. I got a different brand bulbs and the problem is gone.
jen28jen07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.