Green fluid leaking? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Green fluid leaking?

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 02-22-2014, 08:45 AM   #1
mich99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Green fluid leaking?

My 2007 Patriot 4x4 Manual Transmission is dripping something green from under the general area of the engine compartment. I tried to peak under it and could not see it obviously dripping from anywhere, but I'll have to jack it up soon and really try to pinpoint what is leaking.

I was wondering if anybody had an experience with what the possible culprits may be...

1) coolant is pink on this, so I dont think its related to that
2) brake fluid is usually greyish in color
3) maybe its related to the FDI differential or the manual trans lube?

'14 Cherokee Trailhawk, 3.2 V6, 9 Speed, Granite / Moroccan Black Interior, 8.4 AN, Trailer Tow
mich99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2014, 03:06 PM   #2
DEMO111
2009 MK Patriot 

It's coolant.

I have a 2009 Patriot Sport / manual transmission and I noticed a half dollar sized spot on my garage floor every so often when I parked. It would occur directly under the engine compartment. My mechanic took a look at the cause and found out that the gasket on the thermostat was leaking and dripping down the engine block. I had the gasket replaced and fixed the problem.
DEMO111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.