Grease Fittings ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Grease Fittings ?

Black Rhino Off Road Wheels + Free ShippingThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 10-09-2008, 06:27 PM   #1
XJMudder
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Grease Fittings ?

Hello i was wondering if anybody knows if there are any grease fittings on the compass 4x4 ? i don't have the book and i need to change the oil this weekend ( book is in my daughters glovebox) everybody is telling me all these new rigs don't have any fittings anymore ( dam shame! ) anyhow thanks for the info !

XJMudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2008, 05:55 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Nope. Nothing in the front suspension or steering and I don't remember seeing any anyplace else either. I'm hoping that some of the aftermarket manufactures, such as Moog, will have them when I replace them. Permanent lube? Yeah, right! But the majority of EOM stuff is like that.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2008, 05:59 PM   #3
XJMudder
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks Gramps! i fig. you would know ! i haven't been under the jeep yt but wanted to maje sure i had everything before i started , i know what you meen they really need to get back to the old days ( really doesn't seem that long ago ! ) when you could grease your front end along with the shafts et. things would last much better , then of course they woulded sell us all those parts ! Thanks again . ...P.S. my daughter loves her compass she claims to be getting 32 mpg with it driving 34 miles round trip every day you can't beat that and 4wd too !
XJMudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2008, 06:07 PM   #4
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Glad to hear of another happy Compass/MK owner! That's fantastic mpg, only in my dreams.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.