Got my Patriot stuck...pics :) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Got my Patriot stuck...pics :)

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 01-21-2011, 05:20 PM   #1
armystrong68w
2008 MK Patriot 

Got my Patriot stuck...pics :)

So my friend said to try and go through a 3-4 foot high snow bank, so i put on the 4wd lock, took of traction control, and shifted into first, got 3/4 of the way in and got stuck on the bottom... Of course we didnt have a shovel, so i had them walk down the street and borrow a shovel, we eventually dug her out, but i burnt some serious rubber, and about 45 minutes got out..lol!!!

stuck1.jpg   stuck2.jpg   stuck3.jpg  
Unread 01-21-2011, 07:10 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

What kind of tires and how much tread are on them? It makes a world of difference!

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2011, 09:55 PM   #3
armystrong68w
2008 MK Patriot 

Stock tires ...had pretty good tread, but not anymore! i deffenitly want to get new wheels and tires after the lift!
Unread 01-21-2011, 10:02 PM   #4
fang_x
1998 TJ Wrangler 

lol fail, get a wrangler
fang_x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2011, 10:12 PM   #5
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang_x View Post
lol fail, get a wrangler
The U.S. Army vaguely envisioned something bigger than a motorcycle, smaller than a truck, and undaunted by the most difficult terrain.
ZeroGravity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2011, 03:39 AM   #6
tjwrangler99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang_x View Post
lol fail, get a wrangler
+10000000
BFG AT 31's | BDS 2" Lift | JKS Quick Disco's | Zone Rear Sway Links | TeraFlex 1/2" Drop+Washer | Warn M8000 | Viking 80' 3/8 Synthetic w/ Safety Thimble | Viking 350 Fairlead | MetalCloak AL Bumper | 99 Durango Steering Box | Uniden 520 CB w/ 3' FireStik | ebay header | Magnaflow Mid-Cat | Banks Cat-back | XJ Steering Linkage | Hella Black Magic (x4)
2011 Patriot FD1
tjwrangler99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2011, 04:08 AM   #7
Cherokeegrrl
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by armystrong68w View Post
So my friend said to try and go through a 3-4 foot high snow bank, ....
If that snow bank is 4' high, that's one HUGE tire!

ummm ... let's try 18" of snow, okay?
Red Jeep Club Member #425
"Mud is evil."
Cherokeegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2011, 06:32 AM   #8
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

The previous 4 posts by some *******s are the reason that we don't have more participation in the MK section. It's sad but true. When this was a "TECH FORUM" I could just delete them for non tech.

Better tires are a MUST on the MK's. There is no way around it.

Unread 01-22-2011, 06:55 AM   #9
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

I am glad I do NOT have to deal with TROLLS in our Grand Cherokee forums... to the O.P., although whats in your pic doesn't look quite 4' high. I think your doing it the right way.. especially with the MK's, not every one wants to go straight to the lifts and tires - it's usually because something like what you experienced happens. People want more clearance and bigger meats as they experience new trails and challenges. If you go for the lift and bigger meats, you will not be disappointed. Depending on how you use the Patriot, i'm sure Gramps can make some good recommendations for you.
aj
Unread 01-22-2011, 07:33 AM   #10
tjwrangler99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
The previous 4 posts by some *******s are the reason that we don't have more participation in the MK section. It's sad but true. When this was a "TECH FORUM" I could just delete them for non tech.

Better tires are a MUST on the MK's. There is no way around it.
Ahhhh comon gramps, the pokin is all in good fun. I'm buyin a patriot to play with when I get back from Iraq, I think they're great.

To the OP, be careful with those snow banks, some plows push em in hard, and next time, depending on the snow, it could take off ur front bumper.
BFG AT 31's | BDS 2" Lift | JKS Quick Disco's | Zone Rear Sway Links | TeraFlex 1/2" Drop+Washer | Warn M8000 | Viking 80' 3/8 Synthetic w/ Safety Thimble | Viking 350 Fairlead | MetalCloak AL Bumper | 99 Durango Steering Box | Uniden 520 CB w/ 3' FireStik | ebay header | Magnaflow Mid-Cat | Banks Cat-back | XJ Steering Linkage | Hella Black Magic (x4)
2011 Patriot FD1
Unread 01-22-2011, 07:35 AM   #11
armystrong68w
2008 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_WK View Post
I am glad I do NOT have to deal with TROLLS in our Grand Cherokee forums... to the O.P., although whats in your pic doesn't look quite 4' high. I think your doing it the right way.. especially with the MK's, not every one wants to go straight to the lifts and tires - it's usually because something like what you experienced happens. People want more clearance and bigger meats as they experience new trails and challenges. If you go for the lift and bigger meats, you will not be disappointed. Depending on how you use the Patriot, i'm sure Gramps can make some good recommendations for you.
aj
OK maybe not 4', but certainly over 2' considering we had over 2' of snow in the last week! and the pictures were taken after we started to shovel the snow out!!! But thank you for being polite and not just saying i need to get a wrangler or GC!
Gramps and i have already talked about some better offroad optionts, and of course he has been a great help! I am very pleased and impressed by what my patriot can do, and this is the first time she has gotten stuck, and she is completely stock!

But thanks again for not being like those other guys!
Unread 01-22-2011, 07:44 AM   #12
armystrong68w
2008 MK Patriot 

Forgot to mention, once we shoveled the snow out from underneath the frame that we keeping the tires from making full contact, i let some air out of the tires, and kept going fowards !! And it was a little tricky because it was still a lot of snow for a patriot (14" last week, 8" monday, 6'' yesterday (on the day) thats 28'' so the snow bank was definitely higher then that) but she made it through the normal snow without much trouble!!
Unread 01-22-2011, 08:06 AM   #13
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Getting high centered is a problem for any vehicle. My favorite add-ons are 1) better tires, 2) lift kit, 3) skid plates and then hp mods, if desired. I throw skid plates in my priorities because you never know what's buried in the snow and things underneath need some protection, and no matter how high your lift, there's always a rock or something that's higher.

As far as the trolls are concerned, I don't mind some good natured kidding around, everybody needs to get a laugh now and then, but when you get tag-a-longs chiming in and not adding anything of value it starts to get annoying. We could always laugh at them when they run out of gas.

Unread 01-22-2011, 08:12 AM   #14
tjwrangler99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
Getting high centered is a problem for any vehicle. My favorite add-ons are 1) better tires, 2) lift kit, 3) skid plates and then hp mods, if desired. I throw skid plates in my priorities because you never know what's buried in the snow and things underneath need some protection, and no matter how high your lift, there's always a rock or something that's higher.

As far as the trolls are concerned, I don't mind some good natured kidding around, everybody needs to get a laugh now and then, but when you get tag-a-longs chiming in and not adding anything of value it starts to get annoying. We could always laugh at them when they run out of gas.
Totally understand what your saying, but at the same time you gotta take it with a grain of salt, and be less defensive. If I were to high center my TJ on a rock with my stocker suspension, or snap a shaft because of my craptacular D35, I would understand the limits of my vehical and respect them (or my n00b driving skills). If someone posted "lol get a rubi or a lift" I would totally agree. (i plan on getting a D44 eventually)

You cant post a thread saying "rofl look i got stuck" and not expect people to rofl back at you. The patriot is a good jeep for its purpose, but like anything else, it has a limit, and its nothing to be ashamed of. It's just what it is.
2011 Patriot FD1
Unread 01-22-2011, 08:20 AM   #15
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwrangler99 View Post
Ahhhh comon gramps, the pokin is all in good fun. I'm buyin a patriot to play with when I get back from Iraq, I think they're great.

To the OP, be careful with those snow banks, some plows push em in hard, and next time, depending on the snow, it could take off ur front bumper.

I didn't mean to add you to the group, I consider you one of the gang of friends. You've been here many times and add value and I appreciate that very much!

Talking about snow plows packing it in! It was last year that I hit what I thought was just a pile of snow left in the street by one. Ya, I like to plow threw stuff like that, but this it was like hitting an iceberg! I hit it hard but fortunately I didn't sink. I'm glad I had my skid plates

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.