Got my new Compass!! What next? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Got my new Compass!! What next?

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-14-2008, 04:25 PM   #1
MomofCandS

Got my new Compass!! What next?

Just picked up my 09 Compass 4x4 Sport E package with Sun and Sound group and 5spd Manual!!! I was able to get the blue too, which is the color I wanted!! I ordered the slush mats since I live in Michigan, an Ipod adaptor cable, and bluetooth phone kit. Now... what else should I do? I see some of you have the K&N intake kit, is it really worth it? Does it void the warranty? I had a K&N filter in my Saturn Wagon, but not the intake. Is there a mat for the back hatch area that you can recommend? I have two boxers and they could make a mess on the carpet, also I am a teacher and put my book and other carts back there and they often have sludge and muck on the wheels so I want something back there to protect it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks .

MomofCandS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2008, 11:25 PM   #2
steel5blue
2007 MK Compass 

Congratulations! I have the same set-up in steelblue, 07, since Dec 06, and have the K&N CAI installed. I feel it's been worth it in terms of smoother acceleration, a little extra oomph. Can't help w/ the slush mat issue- California!
Can I ask what you paid two years later than when I bought?- thanks.

Rav-who? CR-what? Arizona-where?
2007 Compass Sport Steel-5speed-Blue 4X4
steel5blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2008, 03:54 AM   #3
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Auto Anything has a pretty good selection and they have very good service, I have used them and can vouch for that!

I have WeatherTech front floor mats that I love but unfortunately they don't make a Cargo Mat. On the link below you'll see that Husky makes one and I've heard nothing but good things about their products. My WeatherTech Floor TRAYS are made just like these from Husky with a large raised outside edge to catch all of the mud, snow and melted crud that you and your friends can drag in.

http://www.autoanything.com/cargo-li...0A10005A1.aspx

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2008, 11:58 AM   #4
Trek620
2008 MK Patriot 

Mopar accessories

Try this link for various floor and cargo mats. Ordered the rear cargo mat for my Patriot and love it.

http://www.mopar-accessories.com/en-.../2008/Compass/
Trek620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2008, 02:34 PM   #5
Knightfallzx2
2008 MK Compass 

What next? Find some snow, put on 4WD, turn off ESP/TC, and have fun.

(Oh, but be safe. lol)

Sorry, we have a harsh winter going on right now, and never owning 4x4 (4WD/AWD) before, it's been a blast.
Read my Blog on Jeepspace
Knightfallzx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2008, 05:35 PM   #6
MomofCandS

Thanks so much for all the feedback!!!
I will consider the K&N CAI, I would like a little more oomph, especially on the highway!!

Paid about 19.5 before taxes and title and bluetooth and accessories.

Will let my husband go out and do the "fun" stuff!! That way if he smacks it up I will have that over him for next to forever!!!

Will check out the Husky mats, thanks Gramps, just a question, Do you know if they are made here? Really trying to buy domestic when I can
Unread 12-16-2008, 04:09 AM   #7
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

You can tell your friends of Toto that they're back in Kansas.

Husky manufacturer info:

As American as apple pie, Husky Liners is headquartered in Kansas. To handle the huge demand for their products, they run a state-of-the-art 160,000 square foot production campus. It's manned by more than 100 dedicated professionals, who eat, drink and sleep floor liners. Plus, the facility is officially ISO and QS certified, which means that every piece of floor protection that ships out of their plant is of the highest quality.

Husky Liners is owned by:

Winfield Consumer Products Inc.
Private Company, Headquarters Location
PO Box 839, Winfield, KS 67156-0839, United States
(800)344-8759, (620)221-2268, (620)221-7423 fax, http://www.huskyliners.com
Primary SIC: Auto And Home Supply Stores, Primary NAICS: Automotive Parts and Accessories Stores
Description: Retail: Truck and sport utility accessories.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2008, 04:22 PM   #8
MomofCandS

Thanks for all the info! I will definitly look into the liners. I'm going to try out the 4x4 tonight. We're getting a little bit of snow (2-4 inches) this evening. It's been about 13 years since I've driven a 4x4. Hopefully it will be improvement compared to the 86 Bronco II I used to drive.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.