Goodyear Wrangler Tires - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Goodyear Wrangler Tires

Gear Installs at CCOR SpecialSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 09-24-2013, 09:45 AM   #16
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepguy2010 View Post
Ok, so if not goodyear tires then what other kinds are good that are moderately price. Ones that others have been impressed with.
What kind of use will your vehicle see besides winter? On road or off?

Active Drive I
NHPATRIOT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2013, 03:09 PM   #17
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

The most common tire used on the other jeep patriot site in stock sizes would be the Yokohama geolander ats tires for sure. Haven't heard anything negative about them. Other people take the opportunity to go up or down in wheel diameter, to increase tire choices. I for one will get a set of 15" rims so I can get a set of mt tires.
aroundincircles is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #18
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundincircles View Post
The most common tire used on the other jeep patriot site in stock sizes would be the Yokohama geolander ats tires for sure. Haven't heard anything negative about them. Other people take the opportunity to go up or down in wheel diameter, to increase tire choices. I for one will get a set of 15" rims so I can get a set of mt tires.
Be careful. From what I have read many/most 15" rims will not fit on the Patriot due to brake issues( caliper/rotors ).
Active Drive I
Unread 09-24-2013, 11:58 PM   #19
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHPATRIOT View Post
Be careful. From what I have read many/most 15" rims will not fit on the Patriot due to brake issues( caliper/rotors ).
discount fitted some to my pat a while back, and they had no issues at all:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/1...sults-1489685/

and since I go off roading so much, it would make more sense to have a smaller wheel. more sidewall means less likely to pinch a side, or slice it on a rock. (something I haven't done yet, yay!)
aroundincircles is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #20
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundincircles View Post
discount fitted some to my pat a while back, and they had no issues at all:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/1...sults-1489685/

and since I go off roading so much, it would make more sense to have a smaller wheel. more sidewall means less likely to pinch a side, or slice it on a rock. (something I haven't done yet, yay!)
Just wanted you to be careful.
Active Drive I
Unread 09-27-2013, 07:02 AM   #21
KLRJEEPER

Anything but SR-A is my answer...they are the crappiest tire I have ever used. pure JUNK!....look at cooper. last forever, and great warranty too!
KLRJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2013, 09:55 AM   #22
KayCeeJeep
2004 WJ 

The inexpensive Wranglers Wally's sells were a huge disappointment for me, about 25k mile tires. No experience with the others.
KayCeeJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2014, 10:59 AM   #23
warrior__one
2013 MK Compass 

I highly recommend staying away from walmart tires, especially the goodyear wrangler territory as they ate Made For Walmart exclusive tires and do no meet true goodyear quality specs. As for the SRA wrangler I was a bit dissapointed when I ordered my compass with the OWL A/T tire package and it rolled out with these "street" tires. However they are definatly not as bad as others are stating considering ive ran mine hard in the true north winter of Canada and have not missed a beat whatsoever. 15000 km so far and to be quite honest the tires dont look worn at all. I wouldnt doubt achieving 50k or more easily. It really depend on what you are looking to use them for, hwy or offroad. As for myself I will be looking into the Wrangler D7ratrac size option as these tires are a beautiful mix for what I need, decently agressive tread pattern, very appealing appearance, quality brand and as for being a GOODforaYEAR, you sir must drive alot considering I run these on our f350 diesel 4x4 thay spends 7mnths of the year towing a S130 Bobcat and the remainder being a plow truck with a full size sander mounted to the front and a 9ft V-plow on the front. All this and with proper tire rotation we will definatly see 60-70k out of them. Put about 40+k a year so 8 guess you could call them GoodYearNaHalfs lol.
warrior__one is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2014, 02:37 PM   #24
ODubhGhaill
2014 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLRJEEPER View Post
Anything but SR-A is my answer...they are the crappiest tire I have ever used. pure JUNK!....look at cooper. last forever, and great warranty too!
Why do you feel they are "pure JUNK!"
ODubhGhaill is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2014, 10:25 AM   #25
jeepguy2010
2010 MK Compass 

Ok, here's an update... I decided not to get the Goodyear Wrangler tires. I went with another brand called Sumitomo tires. Nobody knew anything about these tires when I first got them, but I wanted something with a pretty aggressive tread pattern and a decent life span. These tires fit that bill at least as far as the agressive tread pattern goes. The life span is still yet to be determined as i've only put about 5,000 or so miles on them so far. They are rated at 75,000mi.
jeepguy2010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2014, 08:06 AM   #26
warrior__one
2013 MK Compass 

Biggest question, where do the tires say they are made. I have heard mixed review on this brand so I always stayed clear of them as alot of them are made in china.
Unread 04-04-2014, 12:40 PM   #27
jeepguy2010
2010 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior__one View Post
Biggest question, where do the tires say they are made. I have heard mixed review on this brand so I always stayed clear of them as alot of them are made in china.
Is this question about the Goodyear Wrangler tires or the Sumitomo Tires?
Unread 04-06-2014, 07:53 AM   #28
warrior__one
2013 MK Compass 

Only Goodyear tire I've seen grom overseas are the stock tires that roll off the lot on a new vehicle. I was referring to the Sumo tires you purchased.
Unread 04-06-2014, 08:11 AM   #29
BostonStrong
2013 MK Patriot 

I checked out the Sumo site; which tires did you get? None of the tires on the site looked like they would visually fit with the Patriot.
BostonStrong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2014, 10:49 AM   #30
jeepguy2010
2010 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonStrong View Post
I checked out the Sumo site; which tires did you get? None of the tires on the site looked like they would visually fit with the Patriot.
Sumitomo Touring LS T. 215 60R17 look it up on tirerack.com they have them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.