getting rear wheel bearing off of parking brake shroud - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > getting rear wheel bearing off of parking brake shroud

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 05-24-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
chevrier
2005 TJ Wrangler 

getting rear wheel bearing off of parking brake shroud

2007 Pat Limited...trying to replace rear wheel bearing....got everything unbolted...parking brake shroud is still attached to wheel bearing...it looks pressed in...is it? And if it isn't, how do you get it out? Oh...it is a AWD with CVT

chevrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 07:44 PM   #2
Blk01WJ

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevrier View Post
2007 Pat Limited...trying to replace rear wheel bearing....got everything unbolted...parking brake shroud is still attached to wheel bearing...it looks pressed in...is it? And if it isn't, how do you get it out? Oh...it is a AWD with CVT
Hello,

I don't have FSM but if you go to this site Makeitjeepparts.com (parts site) and look up "Hub" and look at the illistration it shows them as to sepperate pieces. I am currently replacing the rear wheel bearings on my wifes patriot. I hate this car.
Unread 03-27-2013, 06:10 PM   #3
bmarshall

What was the Outcome???

Has anyone figured this out. I'm now working on a 2008 Jeep Compass 4WD, I have the brake rotor off, popped the CV Joint nut off, I unbolted the 4 bolts in the back and using a pully puller, I popped the CV axle out, I too have the parking brake assembly attached to the wheel bearing hub, and can not find a way to split them up. If anyone has any advise, I'm wiling to try anything by now.
bmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #4
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

The FSM doesn't show a separate parking brake shroud/assembly clearly at all. Did you unclip the wheel speed sensor head from the retainer on the rear of the hub and bearing ?

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.