JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Compass & Patriot Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/)
-   -   getting patriot, can't decide color! (how is the patriot?) (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/getting-patriot-cant-decide-color-how-patriot-517056/)

taseal 02-06-2008 06:21 PM

getting patriot, can't decide color! (how is the patriot?)

yep, it came down to 3 colors... grey, jeep green or black. I would prefer the beige interior.

I found a 4x2 (I don't want a 4x4, i got the XJ for that) autom, that is beige and green. I really like it.... I showed my old man, and he says I should go black or gray. I always listen to him, so he got me all confused now.

I think green is the best.... it will be limited edition with everything except 4x4 and GPS. it was like 23. I am going to lease this time.

whatcya guys think? what color? :)

i'm tired od seeing black and grey cars, thats why I want this green one, but I still can't decide.

also how do you guys like the car? this is my 1st time where I will actually buy a new car with warranty lol. it will be my DD so I can mess with XJ without getting screwed each time something goes wrong.

any inputs appreciated :)

taseal 02-06-2008 06:29 PM

here is the one I want.

I do see alot of ppl buy it for their wives' and and sisters etc, but hey, i need a cheap new jeep! this is all I can afford (and I want options too lol)

I think this is perfect for me.

http://picsorban.com/upload/mizner_2.jpg
http://picsorban.com/upload/mizner_1.jpg

it def needs beefier looking tires though lol.

Gramps 02-06-2008 06:41 PM

Green's my favorite on the Patriot but I really haven't seen a bad color on them yet. I got my Compass for about $23,500 (tax, license, etc) but that was with a $1500 trade in http://www.jeepforum.com/gallery/sho...6&ppuser=83257.

Looks fantastic! :thumbsup:

taseal 02-06-2008 10:39 PM

I just found a black/black with sunroof and GPS for 23,500. I think this is the one. also found the same setup but white/beige. possible winner too.

i can't check them out until saturday, AHHHH THE SUSPENSE. I hope the black one doesn't sell lol.

Urr 02-07-2008 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taseal (Post 4781456)
I showed my old man, and he says I should go black or gray. I always listen to him, so he got me all confused now.

I think green is the best....

i'm tired od seeing black and grey cars, thats why I want this green one, but I still can't decide.

For whom are you buying this car? :cool:
I think the driver should be happy with the color...

Jeepster55 02-07-2008 03:39 AM

WELL, if you like the beige interior, i guess that rules out the gray....i don't think the beige interior is an option with that color.

black, 'Jeep' green, white or KHAKI were my choices....i chose Khaki. don't see alot of them THAT color and it still looks good when its dirty, which during the winter is most of the time!

good luck with whatever choice you make:2thumbsup:

CharBroiled 02-07-2008 05:16 AM

ours is green with gray interior. everyone seems to like the color and we know of 2 other patriots around here that are also green, so it seems like a lot of people like that.

the 1st time I saw the other green patriot I thought it was my wife driving and I flashed my lights and waved as I drove by. to this day they are probably still wondering who that idiot in the XJ was that waved to them :)

Gramps 02-07-2008 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharBroiled (Post 4783167)
The 1st time I saw the other green patriot I thought it was my wife driving and I flashed my lights and waved as I drove by. to this day they are probably still wondering who that idiot in the XJ was that waved to them :)

It's the "Jeep" wave, silly! I even do it to Wranglers just for laughs! :laugh:

taseal 02-07-2008 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urr (Post 4783060)
For whom are you buying this car? :cool:
I think the driver should be happy with the color...

its me, but I always like making the old man happy :D

he is coming to visit me next month, so i'll let him drive it while he is here. I'll take my XJ :)

I think i'm gonna go with this black one that has GPS as well. I saw some white pics, and those looked real nice too. easy to keep clean too. this is the DD like I said earlier, so she won't see any dirt roads hehe

KUHawkhead 02-08-2008 06:28 AM

If I were you, I'd get a 2008 Liberty instead. Our 2007 Patriot was a buy back from Jeep for a roof leak that could not be repaired in 7 attempts. The sunroof always did leak, and was stated to be "normal" from Jeep. However, the main leak was in back, where the water would drip out of the handy little cargo flashlight. Beware! The Liberty is much more vehicle, with better MPG (if you opt for the freedom II off road package), at about he same price.

Just a cautious warning after our experience....

taseal 02-08-2008 08:30 AM

yeah I looked. thing is, I want full (every option) and with the liberty, it goes well over my budget (24 is my budget). full goes well above that.

I hope I won't have any leak problems, I never heard of that, so if it does happen, I'll find a way to get something else with lemon law. I'm not so easy to be told its a jeep thing and its normal that my car leaks water inside lol.

I have decided i'm going with white actually. I looked at black and i liked it, but it made me feel the car was smaller. I think white is great.

Gramps 02-08-2008 11:49 AM

There are several Patriot owners reporting roof leakage problem, not all have sunroofs. Very few reports from Compass owners on this problem. There are several different fixes depending on where it leaks.

madrabbitt 02-08-2008 04:36 PM

ORANGE!

(ok, reading the thread now)

Gramps 02-08-2008 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madrabbitt (Post 4790349)
ORANGE!

(ok, reading the thread now)

You're still a :woot:. I hope all is well!

madrabbitt 02-08-2008 05:17 PM

i'm a woot?

and yes. i'm alive. therefore all is well.

The time now is 01:29 AM.