gear fluid and coolant change question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > gear fluid and coolant change question

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 03-07-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
ronjr8102
2007 MK Compass 

gear fluid and coolant change question

I am replacing my gear lube this weekend in my 2007 Compass. I bought 4 qts just in case but feel I wont need them all. my question is does anyone off hand know what size sockets, allen head bits or whatever size or type of tools I need for the drain and fill holes? I have to get my tool from my shop and dont feel like carting home more than I need, they get heavy.
Also I am going to drain and fill my radiator just to exchange some cuz I dont know when it was lst done (bought it last August and driven 4K miles and has 84K, this question is, is there a drain at the bottom of the radiator to easily drain the coolant?

Thank you

ronjr8102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 06:26 PM   #2
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Make sure you use the correct coolant,any coolant with "universal" or "all makes/models" is the wrong stuff.

Only MOPAR coolant,Zerex GO5,or Ford's Premium Gold.Those are the onl;y correct coolants for your vehicle,all others are dexacool clones.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.