Gate Warning Light Malfunction - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Gate Warning Light Malfunction

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-06-2008, 10:27 AM   #1
ClintMurphy
2008 MK Patriot 

Gate Warning Light Malfunction

I have owned my patriot for 14 months. The warranty has just expired and my gate warning indicator stays on and the interior lights stay on. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know if there is any way I could fix this problem myself, or will I have to bring it in to the dealer?

ClintMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2008, 10:15 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

My first thought was do you have an ice jam that keeps the lift gate from closing completely? If you've already checked for that then does your rear wiper still work? How about your rear defrost, license plate light, high mount stop light and rear speaker (if equipped)?

If those are OK them you can assume that the problem is not in the main harness that comes in on the upper drivers side of the roof and door. This would isolate it to the C1 & C2 connectors that are inside the rear panel and attached to the latch mechanism. Maybe they weren't seated properly and finally came loose with the mileage that you've put on.

The lift gate reading as being open would keep your dome light on. These checks would be a DIY otherwise it may take a trip to the dealer. Let us know how you come out.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.