Gas mileage & Oil Consumption 2012 Jeep Patriot - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Gas mileage & Oil Consumption 2012 Jeep Patriot

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #31
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Im not 100% though...I bought mine a year and a half ago so I forget exactly which package comes with what, but I thought the FD2 was the "Off Road" package, which came with taller suspension, skid plates, 140 amp alternator, tow hooks, and the sh!tty CVT2L....which turns out to be the same as CVT2....but with different final drive gears and worse gas mileage.

FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 09:31 AM   #32
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

The 'taller suspension" (same part numbers of components) I have always questioned! The 4X4 is 1/2" taller than the FWD and the FD II package has 1/2" taller tires = the 1" claim.

Freedom Drive II Off-Road Group includes:
140-Amp Alternator
17-Inch x 6.5-Inch Aluminum Wheels
4-Wheel Drive Off-Road Mode
All Season Front and Rear Floor Mats
Brake Lock Differential
Fuel Tank Skid Plate Shield
GoodyearŽ Brand Tires
Hill Descent Control
Hill Start Assist
Tow Hooks
"Trail Rated" ™ Badge
Transmission / Engine Oil Pan Skid Plate

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #33
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I see it on the Altitude. You have to keep click on 'next' to get to the powertrain options after first selecting 4WD in the beginning.

Unread 07-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #34
TheSiltSurfer
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
I see it on the Altitude. You have to keep click on 'next' to get to the powertrain options after first selecting 4WD in the beginning.
Can you take a screen shot of this all I get is engine heater option no Freedom driveII ?Thanks
Unread 07-10-2012, 08:26 AM   #35
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I stand corrected. I must have had 'happy fingers' clicking on the different packages. Sorry, my BAD!!

Unread 07-10-2012, 11:50 AM   #36
1tuckedpaw

I have 2012 patriot limited 2.4cylinder cv2 I get 23-24 mpg drive 80 miles round trip daily 20 city miles 60 highway
1tuckedpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 06:04 AM   #37
Mmyers7408

I have a 2013 latitude and I am getting 14-16 mpg on my best full tank. I have had electrical issues of my remote unlock intermittently working, ac controls not coming on with remote start. Ac and vent not coming on at all after exiting and returning to the car, a leaky sunroof and I have had this car new for less than 90 days.
Dealer can not replicate the problem of electrical, says gas mileage is what I am going to get based on driving habits (wth)! I drive with windows up, no ac or vent, no remote start, highway miles 50% and like an old lady. The gas light comes on and I drive 17
Miles and it ran out of gas in my flat driveway.
There is supposed to be 2.8 gallons when the light comes on per the manual.
Does anyone have suggested solutions?
I finally got the sunroof fixed- new gasket and deflector free from dealer. But I still have gas mileage issues. The electrical key software for ac was "updated" so maybe this ac/remote thing will be fixed.
Hating this patriot. My 01 rodeo got better mileage.
Mmyers7408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #38
KayCeeJeep
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmyers7408 View Post
I have a 2013 latitude and I am getting 14-16 mpg on my best full tank. I have had electrical issues of my remote unlock intermittently working, ac controls not coming on with remote start. Ac and vent not coming on at all after exiting and returning to the car, a leaky sunroof and I have had this car new for less than 90 days.
Dealer can not replicate the problem of electrical, says gas mileage is what I am going to get based on driving habits (wth)! I drive with windows up, no ac or vent, no remote start, highway miles 50% and like an old lady. The gas light comes on and I drive 17
Miles and it ran out of gas in my flat driveway.
There is supposed to be 2.8 gallons when the light comes on per the manual.
Does anyone have suggested solutions?
I finally got the sunroof fixed- new gasket and deflector free from dealer. But I still have gas mileage issues. The electrical key software for ac was "updated" so maybe this ac/remote thing will be fixed.
Hating this patriot. My 01 rodeo got better mileage.
Don't know if you read the whole thread but a battery disconnect trick was suggested, I'd re-read that post and give it a shot.
KayCeeJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.