Front end noise on the compass - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Front end noise on the compass

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-17-2007, 04:14 PM   #1
echocat22
2007 MK Compass 

Front end noise on the compass

have heard it several times now, when making full turns, hear almost thud/crunching type noise, that seems to come out of the front end around the tire area, usually from the left side...any ideas?(going to dealer on thursday to get it checked)....only have 2650 miles on it!!!

echocat22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2007, 04:46 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Can you reproduce it for the dealer?

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2007, 06:00 AM   #3
echocat22
2007 MK Compass 

maybe its me, but it seems to do it , so far, only in one spot in/on the road in which i drive everyday......i doubt , if i could get it to do it when i take it to the dealer<isnt that always the way > , might stop in today, or in a few weeks(when i get my first oil change)
Unread 04-18-2007, 06:50 AM   #4
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I have one stretch of BAD road where everything just kinds of rattles, very annoying, but I know that it's the road. Quite a bit of road damage this winter because of the low temperatures. Hopefully that's all it is for you. No, noises can never be reproduced when you take it in to the dealer and there are no fault codes either!

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2007, 01:34 PM   #5
echocat22
2007 MK Compass 

i decided, unless "the noise" happens in a different spot on the road, i will wait to i get my oil changed in like 2 weeks, and have them look at it then and keep my fingers crossed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.